Which gun light ?

Patrick1964

I'm looking for a scope mounted gun light suitable for bunny bashing with a .22 rimfire. I want something with integral batteries, which won't fall apart in six months, but nothing too expensive. Any recommendations please ?

Edited by Patrick1964

What range are you shooting to?

There is a superb little aluminium Cree LED torch at Tescos direct, 120 lumens, focusable, dimmable, takes 2xAA batteries, can get up to 7 hours light from these two, weighs next to nothing, can be mounted using a standard scope mount for a torch.

It is bright, powerful, dimmable, light, finished in black and works (used it many times). I have shot with it on a .177 spring powered air rifle which has a bit of a kick on it, never had any problems! Cost, well £25 for the torch, a few quid for batteries and about a tenner for the mount, that good enough? Oh and when you have finished you can use it as a torch to walk back with! Multi purpose.

Have a photo or two....

HPIM0880.jpg

drevil.jpg

Finally a link...

Tesco Cree LED Torch

Why from Tesco rather than fleabay? Simple, if it goes wrong it is a damned site easier to take it back to Tescos than it is to send it back to Mr Chin in Hong Kong!

Edited by secretagentmole

I'm looking for a scope mounted gun light suitable for bunny bashing with a .22 rimfire. I want something with integral batteries, which won't fall apart in six months, but nothing too expensive. Any recommendations please ?

Without doubt SOME of the scope mounted torches have come a long way in the last few years, and some do offer very good options, but you can still pay MORE for them than the likes of a Deben Mini/Max Pro.

I don't think you are going to get a consensus here, perhaps it's worth a try with the Tesco route as above, at least that way you may get a deal, or you may get a better idea of what you really need! :good:

Without doubt SOME of the scope mounted torches have come a long way in the last few years, and some do offer very good options, but you can still pay MORE for them than the likes of a Deben Mini/Max Pro.

I don't think you are going to get a consensus here, perhaps it's worth a try with the Tesco route as above, at least that way you may get a deal, or you may get a better idea of what you really need! :good:

I agree as you say everybody will have there own opinions,i would say you would struggle to find a led torch type that will cast a beam to 100 yards but im sure the mini/max pro would do..........

Hi mate I have tested a lot of torches

and this one so far has come out the best http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/thrunite/thrunite-catapult-v3.html

well suited for 22lr or HMR

Put it up against the deben Tracer LedRay Tactical 700 and blows it out of the field

I would say the Cat has a better bean more flood and cleaner light

I would go as far to say its not far short of the light force 170

when we took the bigger lamps out with it

I agree as you say everybody will have there own opinions,i would say you would struggle to find a led torch type that will cast a beam to 100 yards but im sure the mini/max pro would do..........

:good:

Thats one of the reasons I said how far torches have come along, a pal of mine has a scope mounted one which casts an excellent beam to 100++ yards, YES REALLY, but I seem to recall it cost him about £150, plus the extra rechargeables. Can't remember what it's called but it did surprise me how good it was!

The Mini is rated to 250 and the Max 400 by Deben (they are probably not far wrong), I rarely have a need for anything more than the Mini on my .22lr. :good: