Devon & cornwall

Ghostrider1979

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I would be up for a meet too.

Being new to shooting it would be great to hear off some of the more experienced shooters to see how things work here in Cornwall. Also why I am writing, does anyone know of any wildfowling clubs/ syndicates/ gun clubs that I could join to get a bit more of an opportunity to shoot live quarry??

Would the meet be a pub or clay ground?

Is it worth someone coming up with a date and we all see if we can make that and go from there??

How about a possible meeting up in Feb, maybe at Lower Lake nr Liskeard? I have never been so do not know what its like, I did have a chat with some guys who shot at Ashcombe Nr Exeter but again havent spoken to them to see what it was like, here is a link to their site: http://www.ashcombeadventure.co.uk/clay_pigeon.php

I have only been to lower lake the once, but it was very good fun and think it was £24 for 80 birds.

Hate to mention it guys but , just been on Lower Lake website and they are shut until 24th March.

But there is Watermeadow clay shoot nr Roche. May be worth contacting them if it does go forward to make sure they can cater - we prob wont all fit in the club house as it is a slender static caravan but does the job.

Any weekend time is good for me.

I regularly shoot at Watermeadow, owing to regulations they can only offer sporting, usually 50 birds for £12, it is very informal and they are a nice bunch, you just turn up and pays your money. If people are looking for a more formal affair saw this place near Bude, but do not know what its like: http://www.northcornwallshooting.co.uk/

ok, lets try this a different way. if everyone could do a saturday i may be able to pursuade a friend of mine to allow us to use his land to hold an informal clay shoot on. however, we would need to sort a trap out. or if anyone else knows of land nearer to the area we have been talking about then that may be easier. i'll have a chat with him tommorow and see if he would be up for it.

brett :good:

ok, lets try this a different way. if everyone could do a saturday i may be able to pursuade a friend of mine to allow us to use his land to hold an informal clay shoot on. however, we would need to sort a trap out. or if anyone else knows of land nearer to the area we have been talking about then that may be easier. i'll have a chat with him tommorow and see if he would be up for it.

brett :good:

i know a farmer who used to have a trap that he used on his land. I will contact him tomoz and see if he still has it.

right, sorry for the delays chaps, been busy with working 2 jobs... 15 hour days are a killer, lol.

unfortunately its a no-go on my mates land. so we need to start asking about.

on the plus side, my dad has just aquired a launcher...its only a single but still useable!

if anyone knows of some land, then that would be great.

brett