blocked barrel

flyawaymac

Hey mate, my cousin's ultra had a similar problem, we used a pice of dowell to push the pellets back 'up' the barrel to the breech. If they are well stuck in there you made need something a little stronger, but be carefull not to use anything too hefty that is too big, dont want to damadge the barrel or threads! something like an extra long tent peg would be ideal, its about time someone inveted something!

Have you got a cleaning kit - the rod with no brush may do the trick. If not get to your RFD and get one, you will use it anyway so if it does not work and you need to go to gunsmith no loss. As a mattter of interest what pellets went wrong? I bought some Eley Wasps about five years ago - absolute rubbish. Did not even put them in the breech. No issues with RWS.

Hi cleared mine with a straightened wire coat hanger make it 4" longer then the barrel put some elec/tape on the end going into barrel and all ways push towards the breach if jammed very tight you have enough sticking out to tap with a mallet try not to let the wire come into contact with rifling

had similar prob with an old air rifle of mine that i lent to a younger friend and he blocked it with about 3 pellets and a load of carp! like others have said a .20 peice of dowel should do the trick or steel rod, but be gentle if you use the steel option!! also helps if you put 5 or 6 droplets of oil in the end of the barrel there gunna be cummin out of 1st.

Hi cleared mine with a straightened wire coat hanger make it 4" longer then the barrel put some elec/tape on the end going into barrel and all ways push towards the breach if jammed very tight you have enough sticking out to tap with a mallet try not to let the wire come into contact with rifling

I also used the wire coat hanger trick on an old air rifle I had.

Yes they were the days they had no cleaning kits or rods just a rag some 3 in one oil and some fishing line with a small nail drop it down the barrel and pull the oily rag through job done I often wonder when I'm told not to oil barrels only use moly and silicon I don't think my generation new any think about or could afford to buy these things that's probably why there's not many air rifles that are in good condition from the 50s we shot every thing through them if it went into the breach it got fired I think I prefer air gunning to day it's more rewarding Frank

• 2 weeks later...