TA

TJ91

Since Afghanistan I've not met a single TA bloke who cares about the STAB thing, because they have been out on the ground with the regs and it is just a term everyone knows them by.

The only time I ever met TA folks who copped a monk on about it was pre HERRICK when the majority of them had never deployed.

Anyway, now that eyes have been dried about nasty, nasty name calling among soldiers, lets get back on topic shall we?

Been there done it, got the T-shirts...... 8 years reg and 3 TA. And I used to refer to myself as a STAB when working with the regs!

Edit to add;

Worked with some STAB RLC in Iraq, bunch of wasters, didnt want to leave camp, only stayed long enough to earn a gong then they ****** off home.

The STAB REG blokes who were out with us, mainly stagged on the main gate to Shiaba air field, BUT asked on many occasions to come out on the ground with us.

I do respect some of them as its hard work doing a full time civie job then your training on a night time..... I know!!!

I refer to the TA as STABS as I also take the **** out of the RAF and Marines, and like they do in return.

Nothing serious, just a bit of healthy rival banter.

I know we are moving on so last word on the subject. I am sure there are time wasters in the TA just as there are in the regular army.

But obviously some did go outside the main gate.

Private Luke Cole awarded the Military Cross.

Private Luke Cole

Private Luke Cole, a TA soldier from 4 MERCIAN deployed as an Individual Replacement (IR) with 2 MERCIAN in April 2007 to Afghanistan. During one action in September 2007, Private Cole was awarded the Military Cross in recognition of exemplary gallantry on active operations.

I know we are moving on so last word on the subject. I am sure there are time wasters in the TA just as there are in the regular army.

But obviously some did go outside the main gate.

Private Luke Cole awarded the Military Cross.

Private Luke Cole

Private Luke Cole, a TA soldier from 4 MERCIAN deployed as an Individual Replacement (IR) with 2 MERCIAN in April 2007 to Afghanistan. During one action in September 2007, Private Cole was awarded the Military Cross in recognition of exemplary gallantry on active operations.

TA play the same role as regulars in Afghan. . . . . . I was on about the TA when I served in Iraq mate :good:

And yes, there are wasters in all walks of life :yes:

Edited by chrispti

TA play the same role as regulars in Afghan. . . . . . I was on about the TA when I served in Iraq mate :good:

And yes, there are wasters in all walks of life :yes:

If you served in Iraq you would know more about it than me. I was in the TA the fifth battalion royal Irish rangers a long time ago and thankfully between wars, the last exercise i was on was exercise lion heart any old soldiers will know when that was.

I would recommend joining to anyone but bear in mind you could be going to war. :)

I think joining the TA in the not too distant future, a lot more will be expected of you.

I am only guessing here, but if you wanted to learn a trade then the Army may want you to put it to use in return and that could mean, more than likely, deploying on operations.

http://www.top100graduateemployers.com/news/display/2323

Edited by chrispti