to fiddle or not to fiddle

tosspot

Oddly this subject came up Sunday as we were sitting round a table - one of the group was saying he shot another shoot week before with I/C in his semi and shot like a charlie - so for last few stands he put 1/2 in and did really well - so next shoot he put half in again and put his best score in - cleaning gun later he pulled choke out and found it was I/C - he forgot he did a round of skeet - shot skeet then put 1/2 back in - then changed it out again for I/C at shoot.

So thinking he had 1/2 in he shot his best score. - has to say something.

Dave

ps - read it again - it makes no sense to me but can't be bothered to change it.

I tend to shoot the sporting shoot with 3/8 3/8 nowadays and don’t change at all, I use Hull cartridges & use either 7.5 or 8’s but that’s due to the shop supply issues on the sizes.

Many moons ago had some issues with close in loopers so I would drop down from ½ to either ¼ or skeet on those targets and it helped me out.

Yesterday at shugborough there was a very close in rabbit, so the first time in ages I dropped down to skeet (mainly because I have been having problems with close in rabbits on the last shoot) and on the last clay I just clipped the backend and I mean just. I think I would have missed with a tighter choke, I would have hit the first 3 rabbits with ½ no problem as they were good kills but not the last one, the point being I got into the prize fund by one clay so it was worth it.

For me close in targets that I have consistency issues with I will drop down a choke, for those I am confident on I won’t, at the moment that means close in rabbits.

On a good day I can kill any close in rabbit you throw at me with ½, on a bad day I can miss every one with skeet, but I think the skeet or ¼ helps me where I would just miss the odd one with a tighter choke so why risk it when 1 clay lost can cost you a place.

:good:

Edited by timps

I tend to shoot the sporting shoot with 3/8 3/8 nowadays and don’t change at all, I use Hull cartridges & use either 7.5 or 8’s but that’s due to the shop supply issues on the sizes.

Many moons ago had some issues with close in loopers so I would drop down from ½ to either ¼ or skeet on those targets and it helped me out.

Yesterday at shugborough there was a very close in rabbit, so the first time in ages I dropped down to skeet (mainly because I have been having problems with close in rabbits on the last shoot) and on the last clay I just clipped the backend and I mean just. I think I would have missed with a tighter choke, I would have hit the first 3 rabbits with ½ no problem as they were good kills but not the last one, the point being I got into the prize fund by one clay so it was worth it.

For me close in targets that I have consistency issues with I will drop down a choke, for those I am confident on I won’t, at the moment that means close in rabbits.

On a good day I can kill any close in rabbit you throw at me with ½, on a bad day I can miss every one with skeet, but I think the skeet or ¼ helps me where I would just miss the odd one with a tighter choke so why risk it when 1 clay lost can cost you a place.

:good:

You just talk **** :P

At least I can work my CPSA average out correctly you goon :)

You didn't hit that rabbit at Shugborough either......just saying. :P

It rolled off into the undergrowth giving you the finger, unscathed.

"Oh didn't I hit that rabbit?" :lol:

Good job I wasn't reffing, I'd have told you to **** off :sly:

84 scored, that would have got you 10th place in D Class......

Edited by Chard

You didn't hit that rabbit at Shugborough either......just saying. :P

It rolled off into the undergrowth giving you the finger, unscathed.

"Oh didn't I hit that rabbit?" :lol:

Good job I wasn't reffing, I'd have told you to **** off :sly:

84 scored, that would have got you 10th place in D Class......

blah blah blah .......hit verified by independent top shooter..... we weren't so cocky after catton the week before were we 'PULLlllllllll' boy :lol::P