first birds of the season

elmar fudd

a good friend who i shoot with has been mithering me to go for a walk round his farm with him in the run up to the season and this morning when he asked i fancied a walk in the sun so i decided to go with him, i took my new side by side and a cartridge belt and drove across to him, at about 8 o clock it was still cool so we decided to walk up the rushes surrounding the brook, i was hoping for a duck to lift but no joy :oops: carried on walking up the hedgerows and managed a rabbit :good: and my mate managed a cracking pair of crossing pigeons, and made sure he rubbed in the fact that i missed one straight after :blush: we got to his woods and started to walk it up, as soon as i started walking a cock bird lifted in front of me and started to veer off to the left my first shot dropped him :D:D first bird of the season!!!! :) then carried on walking and my mate got a hen :good: got to the end of the woods and decided to walk it back through to go back to the yard, about half way through a hen lifted in front of me, so i let it get about 20 yars before dropping it first barrel again :D and my mate had another cock and another hen, then on the way back to the farm through the feilds i missed a pair of partridge that got up from some rough :oops::oops: only for my mate to drop one :/ which as you can image gave him unlimited ammo to take the micky with :lol: anyway we ended the day on a rabbit, two pigeons, 5 pheasant, and a french partridge :good: heres the stuff i shot with the new gun on its first ever outing :good:

post-25853-0-61912400-1317475185.jpg

fudd :good: