two cocks today...

elmar fudd

a while ago i got a small shoot about 50 acres with loads of rough patches. we were planning on just feeding it and trying to pull in wild birds but in the end my mate offered to buy birds if i fed so we put 50 down, this morning we braved the wind and rain and had an hour on it, no dogs just me and him walking guns, well we walked it all and out up some very nice birds :good: as my mate paid for them i let him take some of the easier shots (thats my excuse for missing my "harder" shots :lol: ) in the end he had 4 and i had three, two cocks and a hen, unfortunatley the hen was lost in a fern bank :oops: and we couldnt for the life of us find it so i left wth these two birds, all for just 4 shots :D

post-25853-0-49578500-1318084152.jpg

fudd :good:

larp i did think that actually id have preffered the birds to have full full tails but my mate was adamant that they would be fine, and when dressed this afternoon they were large birds, as big as, or the same size as the full grown cock i shot last week, so they just werent fully feathered is all :good:

fudd

larp i did think that actually id have preffered the birds to have full full tails but my mate was adamant that they would be fine, and when dressed this afternoon they were large birds, as big as, or the same size as the full grown cock i shot last week, so they just werent fully feathered is all :good:

fudd

lack of cold weather on them good to see they are not going to waste

Interesting pheasants (from an American perspective). We only have what are refered to as "chinese" pheasant in the states. They have longer tails and gaudier plumage. Very cool to see a different variety. Thanks and well done, especially with no dog!

Bluestem

its ok mate i got the same **** lastweek but they went well on our dinners today.well done mate :good:

cheers mate i had one for tea just and it went down very well indeed :good: and they flew as good birds too so if i hadn't shot these my mate would have :lol: thanks again for agreeing with me though :good:

fudd

to tell the truth they did have an average spur on them, they really werent that young, we decided after flushing the few two or three they were definatly ok to shoot, you can see a spur on the bird on the right, back leg i think and half inch to three qaurter inch long :good:

fudd

Aye that's what I was getting at. Well done anyways :good: I might get a crack at some next weekend if I'm lucky :good: