corsa or punto

darren m

Went thru this senario with my daughter a year ago.

Corsa, build quality ok can have issues with engine management, 1.0l is sluggish and therefore they can have been thrashed, Insurance varies by model ie better spec = higher premium.

Punto, Not that cheap on insurance, poor finish.

KA, Absolute rot box, avoid at all cost!

VW Lupo, Exceptional build quality, cheap insurance (1.0l ), reasonable performance, expensive to buy.

Seat Arosa, Same as VW Lupo (not as pretty) cheaper to buy.

Fiat Ciquento, cheapest insurance, no brakes, not safe to use on country roads.

I opted for a Seat Arosa 2000W, airbags, power steering, very solid build 90k miles paid £800.

Hope this helps

just got my gf a 06 corsa with 7200miles on the clock for 3k nice little car ( not clocked family member who had it only used it a few miles here and there to pick her grandchildern up) id go for corsa hands down was my, my bro and my gfs first car all wouldnt complain cheapish insurance ( for age )

Fiat Panda !!! ive had my 05 1.2 now for 2 or 3 years and its never missed a beat goes like stink rides smooth and quite like a big car is a joy to drive and cheap as chips, never boyraced always looked after and low miles. I paid £2500 2-3 years ago with 27000 on the clock full history. Best friend had corsa and clio, always had problems and were pap. Just been camping in cornwall in it did 800+ miles 80mph on motorway did 52mpg over the whole trip, will do 60+ average if you are sensible :)

Edited by pimpkiller