new MOT

v5uk

Anyone else had a new mot in the last week

they have changed the mot paper to just plane white paper, no watermark, no embossed stamp nothing

I thought i was getting mugged off when I picked my car up - but because they can be

checked online now, seems vosa want to save some money and not use printed paper.

link to new MOT sample here

bought a new to me shooting 4x4 on monday when he gave me the MOT I thought he was taking the proverbial, so so easy to copy what looks like an already copied sheet of paper, be some dodgy producers being shown me thinks.

KW

The piece of paper is absolutely meaningless so don't worry if it can easily be copied forged, altered etc.

Everything is on the central VOSA database and that's where any check by any authority (Police, DVLA, insurance co. etc) will be made either on-line, by number plate recognition or telephone.

I would be surprised if the VOSA computer system could be hacked to the point where MOT certs can be falsified but there again I'm not paranoid!

Mr Potter

The piece of paper is absolutely meaningless so don't worry if it can easily be copied forged, altered etc.

Everything is on the central VOSA database and that's where any check by any authority (Police, DVLA, insurance co. etc) will be made either on-line, by number plate recognition or telephone.

I would be surprised if the VOSA computer system could be hacked to the point where MOT certs can be falsified but there again I'm not paranoid!

Mr Potter

Paranoid? neither is the bloke who buys a car with a bogus MOT a school kid could make, or do you always contact vosa (if you can) to check out an MOT before you buy? nah thought not.

KW

I think they started issueing the new reciepts ( that's what it says on it ) on Sunday 16th. It's just more saving for the government, the testing station still pays the same but now they pay for the paper and a lot more ink.

As to whether it's a genuine MOT or not ,there have always been lots of dodgy ones about.