ANOTHER BIG BAG

the pelt man

CP, Jim Bob and I got out on the Rabbits again today.

We headed out to the new permission where we had 74 last week to see if we could get a few more. Left mine at 7.30am only to find when we arrived that the football club next door held the local firework display lastnight and it soon came aparent that it had **** the life out the Rabbits, when we put the Ferrets down a small warren under a Oak tree. We could here the Rabbits running around underground but most refused to bolt with only 2 in the bag after half hour :/ .

We then moved onto a larger warren out on the open hill, yet again lots of noise from bellow from a warren that should be holding around 20 Rabbits but the Ferrets only managed to bolt 4.

Giving up on this warren CP and Jim Bob set up on 2 sets of only 3 holes which they managed another 3. Moving on we set up on a 12 hole Warren which we bolted 5 more.

With lunch coming up we set up on a warren of 20 holes, thats when the action finaly started with Rabbits poping out left right and centre with Jim Bob and I runing around like blue bum flys :w00t: . At one stage i recall hearing CP shout :shout: where the hell is PELTY, I cant for the life of me think why. After the frantic 5min spell I had pulled out 6 and Jim Bob 8 to CP's 1, YES ONE :o WHERE THE HELL WAS HE, tucked under a bush untangling "A" net :rolleyes:

We then had lunch and took a drive around when we passed the 2x3 hole sets CP and Jim Bob had done earlyer, I saw 2 Rabbits above ground run into a set each, so Jim Bob covered one set of 3 as I started to cover the others. CP informed me the hole I saw the Rabbit run into was a single and was NOT linked to the other 2 some 20 feet away, but I insisted that they were covered anyway which HE did. After a min or two I heard the rumble of a Rabbit running around and then saw the Rabbit bolt out one of the two holes that WERE NOT LINKED :w00t:> It then roled down the hill and flipped out the net and run away because CP hadn't pushed the peg in the ground :mad:

To end the Day I set up back under the Oak we started on while Jim Bob and CP under a Oak some 80 yards away. Just before setting up I had said to CP that I was Covering the same Oak again not only because I new there were still Rabbits in there but to back net the Rabbits that were sure to escape from his Warren :smartass:

Sure enough 2mins in a Rabbit bolted from my Warren which was netted only for another to leave the same hole at full speed running toward CP And Jim Bob :whistling:

I shouted :shout: "DONT MOVE" and they watched the Rabbit run straight to there warren and back net itself :yahoo: Only for Jim Bob to shout at me :shout: as the Rabbit that was sure to slip one of CP's net and head toward me which returned the favour and backnetted itself in my warren :D, It was like watching Rabbit tennis :lol:

We had another 3 each out our Warrens which were now a little more willing to bolt to there mistake :yes:

The Final bag after another great day, 41.

Before leaving I scaned the 2 Warrens we had 74 out of last week with the beno's, only to count around another 50 Rabbits :w00t: eating and running around, can't wait for the next trip:yes:

When finnished it was back to the club for Beer and a laugh about the day :ernyha:

CHEERS FOR THE COMPANY CP and JIM BOB :drinks:

PELTY :good:

post-1579-0-01497200-1320615703.jpg

Excellent writeup and fantastic pics...well done all of you..:)

I was out yesterday with my ferrets, and had a few rabbits, but nothing to compare with your bag...your thoughts on the fireworks have got me thinking...that's a very good reason for a normally stuffed full game bag not being stuffed full yesterday..... :blink:

BUT, on one new..ish permission, which i'm still exploring, I found at least 30 holes I didnt know about. Time was getting on,and I didnt net them... so they will be tried next weekend..:)

Once again Pelty A good Ferreting day followed by a good write up of the day's aventure . Who place the 3 nets over the barbed wirer :hmm: took me out of all the fun. with the interlinking warren i honestly believe those two rabbits decided to dig a new tunnel when we had lunch. :lol:

With the Rabbit tennis score CP 1 Pelty 1 to be continued

Thanks to Jimboy for all his help :good:

CP