first time clay shooting

clakk

going to lowes lane swarkstone saturday,for the first clay shooting ive done .only ever shot real pigeons and bunnysbefore ,first shooting for 10 years. while waiting for home visit for my SGC.any tips /advice as ive been told shooting thems very different to the real flying rats cheers iain

Edited by clakk

He's right, getting hooked is a bad thing

hopefully its short term .got various peeps trying to get me permission for 3 places so if just 1 comes in i can go back to bunnys and pigeons and hopefully my first fox .been waiting 5 weeks for my home visit but leicester police are snowed and im looking at 3 to 5 more weeks waiting so 4 now its clays as i can shoot there while im waiting for the good news regards all

have lowes given ya the you cant shoot here unless you have had a lesson speil....my mate had his own gun and been shooting pigeons with me for ages the first time he went to shoot clays and they asked him if he had been there before as they didnt reconised him he said just pigeons and they said ya need a lesson before you can shoot here so the 3 of us went else where.....never got that from doveridge.

have lowes given ya the you cant shoot here unless you have had a lesson speil....my mate had his own gun and been shooting pigeons with me for ages the first time he went to shoot clays and they asked him if he had been there before as they didnt reconised him he said just pigeons and they said ya need a lesson before you can shoot here so the 3 of us went else where.....never got that from doveridge.

That's a responsible club in my eyes mate, just because he's got his own gun, doesnt mean he can use it safely, and as they dont know him from adam, it is fair play that they want to see safe handling and shooting, it is in the process of being introduced in our target club, probationers turn up with an fac and think that they are it, i have seen some god awful and damn dangerous handling from so called experienced shots!!

the way we shoot is to load one shell when the guy next to you puts his gun up and the second one in just as he fires his second shot so you're ready to go as soon as he's finished

Makes it safer and you know who's got a loaded gun

The way that it should be done is NOT to load your gun before the man before you has finished shooting , whether a single or double shot depending on whether you are shooting

DTL , Sporting ,Skeet etc.

Ahh well thats the way they do it and everyone seems happy with that

One shell in when he mounts, second one in when he's fired his second shot so you're ready to mount up instantly as theres a good amount of people so they try to speed it up

If I see anybody behind me with a loaded gun, they'll get ***tted :sly:

Edited by Chard

I didn't get that, they did insist on one of their own trapping for me though. From what i've heard it's a bit clique down there, and it certainly seemed that way to me. I prefer Doveridge to be honest, much friendlier i find.

going to lowes lane swarkstone saturday,for the first clay shooting ive done .only ever shot real pigeons and bunnysbefore ,first shooting for 10 years. while waiting for home visit for my SGC.any tips /advice as ive been told shooting thems very different to the real flying rats cheers iain

So, how d'ya get on?

So, how d'ya get on?

great day made very welcome everyone was friendly and dave the coach was very helpfull ,no question was too daft.got 11 out 25 with a site gun ,as id not held a shotgun for 10 years i was happy with the that.and they were very safety concious which i didnt mind .never been doveridge though your not the first to recomend it to me,when i get my sgc il give it a try,be worth the practice when ive got my own gun

Edited by clakk