Which 4x4 for £3k?

sambo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimny all the way, cracking motor and anyone who has one will know that they are one of the best off road, economical in comparison, and reliable....and anyone who knows one end of a jimmy from a pineapple will know they have coil springs... :rolleyes:

:good: I would pit my wifes Old Jimmny against a Surf in a deep muddy field any day of the week and put up a couple of grand as a side bet. :yes::lol:

The P/W ratio of the Jimny plus the brilliant low range 4WD makes it great off road...ive seen a few of the surf tanks stuck up to their axles in the smelly stuff. :yes: Surfs are OK if you have a really small wiener but want people to think you have a big one. :lol:

anyone had any experiance with L200?

Bouncy, hard suspension, heavy on fuel, slow. Great fun on roundabouts in the wet :yes::good:

I had a 1997 Shogun SWB that I sold for £2700. If I had a £3k budget that is what I would get again. I drove that thing through very rough fields, never got stuck.

Edited by ME

anyone had any experiance with L200?

Yes, and to be honest most of them are bad...used to really like mitsi's (had 4 of them) but the L200 are an exception from what I've seen, rear propshaft uj's, turbo's, electrical faults and a really bad steering lock...these are all Pre 2003 L200's though...

Sorry, but just my opinion, sure someone will be along in a moment to say they have one that has been perfect.. :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

I've had a surf for nine years now. firstly the 2.5 model and now a 3.0litre intercooler version. I've had this one for 5 years and I have no intentions of selling it. Loads of power, and it will do over 30 mpg no matter what anyone says. Anyone want to have a go in it is more than welcome.

I can safely say that everyone thats been in it has been impressed.

Solid, reliable, quality.