Fan oven door seal

ack-ack

The ones i've changed before were just pushed into place with no adhesive... Maybe with a lug to hold it in place if I remember rightly. Silicone sealant of some sort would maybe do if you've definitely got a glue on one, I think normal ones are resistant up to a few hundred degrees, but they also make high heat resistant ones too.

(I guess you're changing the seal rather than just reattaching btw? a replacement was about £10 I think but that's oven dependent of course)

The ones i've changed before were just pushed into place with no adhesive... Maybe with a lug to hold it in place if I remember rightly. Silicone sealant of some sort would maybe do if you've definitely got a glue on one, I think normal ones are resistant up to a few hundred degrees, but they also make high heat resistant ones too.

Theres none of that unfortunately which is dissappointing as its a pukka prestige oven. Its definitely a glue on one.

Then maybe:

http://ovendoorglue.co.uk/

One of the reviews on there was from some guy who mentioned it worked on his Prestige oven. Just over a fiver to give it a go... but I think it is just high temperature silicone.

Wear gloves and dont be charming the trouser snake unless you are sure you havent got any on your hands :good:

I don't mean to hijack but as we're on the subject we've inherited a Neff fan oven from the people who lived here. Does anyone know what the green raindrop shaped light on the front means? It came on last night whilst cooking some roasters in goose fat.

You probably don't need to know what I was cooking but they were very nice.

Check the new seal first. Itmightbe self-adhesive or come with a tube of the right stuff.

Being the tightwad I am I was rather hoping to gum the old one back on.

Then maybe:

http://ovendoorglue.co.uk/

One of the reviews on there was from some guy who mentioned it worked on his Prestige oven. Just over a fiver to give it a go... but I think it is just high temperature silicone.

Good hunting Dorsey, that sounds like the one. We have a winner! give that man a cigar.

Wear gloves and dont be charming the trouser snake unless you are sure you havent got any on your hands :good:

Same could be said for prepping chillis :oops:

Extra sticky bogey?

Would take too long to save up enough, would have to launch a PW appeal.

I don't mean to hijack but as we're on the subject we've inherited a Neff fan oven from the people who lived here. Does anyone know what the green raindrop shaped light on the front means? It came on last night whilst cooking some roasters in goose fat.

You probably don't need to know what I was cooking but they were very nice.

I believe thats the E-coli scanner, the green light means a positive detection. How are you this morning?

Just happened to our oven. Forget trying to glue it back on - get a new one.

There are stacks of them on E*ay. A couple of sizes fit virtually all makes and models.

If you genuinely can't get one - as a temporary measure - I used a couple of copper U-clips and a couple of self tapping screws to hold the old one in place. Worked perfectly, but the genuine part is obviously better.

Edited by Gordon R