Canadian oportunity

the last engineer

I'll be back home soon I must be getting that 10 year home sickness myself. Edmonton is a great city but I would say that as I was born there lol.

i figured your handel is representative of your home Province, where did you hail from?,,,,,,, in Edmonton before its said

Edited by the last engineer

twas a fun time my friend, any plans on coming over again ?

i will be home in a few weeks if your up for a meet, maybe a few clays we could put a few beers on as a side bet :good:

Sounds like a great plan. I don't mind being beaten on the clays again! I'll PM you my number when I get in later - I've still got your canadian mobile number somewhere I expect but whether it would work here is another question. :look:

Sounds like a great plan. I don't mind being beaten on the clays again! I'll PM you my number when I get in later - I've still got your canadian mobile number somewhere I expect but whether it would work here is another question. :look:

it will mate, love to get together,,,,,, eyes are alittle rusty nowadays,,,,,, i might need a few x's head start ;);)

saturday or sunday 17th 18th would work, dont mind where

martin.

my thoughts exactly :good:

how far is edmonton from windsor?

same as Windsor to Windsor :lol:

im on the West, Windsor on the East, 4 hour flight for me,,,,, or drive it in 3 days (20hrs a day) just down't road

whats the hunting like in Canada,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

what a question..........

you dont have enough guns to satisfy yourself my friend,,, or ammo,,,, in my opinion, and that of many others, the finest countryside in the world, the finest hunting in the world

does the expression "kid in a candy store mean anything to you"

come on over andfind out, respectfully of course, we dont take to kindly to rogue hunters.

martin.

I was hoping for a 50th birthday hunting trip to Alaska or Canada as a 'once in a lifetime' deal but even with 5 years to save up, I don't think the wife will agree to the $13,000 US plus airfairs bill :o

Lived in Millwoods for a lot of years before moving across to Blue Quill. Worked a lot of years in Nisku loading Argentinian Pipe headed North haha cold job but good money definitely better than my short stint in Fort Mac.

For people asking about hunting it's fantastic out there and in my opinion we have a much more accepting attitude towards it even to the point that we got taught outdoor education in school :good:

Ah if only. My Dad works for Voith as a manager and although officially I have the best job in the world, my job may not be safe so I'm going back to college part time to learn mechanical engineering. I already have qualifications in fire engineering. I'm hoping to try and do some work experience with the old man just in case things go tits up in work. Shame I didn't like my Dad more as a kid, otherwise I'd have probably been an engineer just like him.

Way back in another life I was a Toolmaker and had a bit of experience with Bridgeport machining centres.

Same position as you CoolHead...Why couldn't an opportunity come up like this a while back.

I had the chance to go to South Africa after serving my time, with the Toolmaker I was under, it all fell through for one reason or another...think I was to young at that period in my life to take the step on my own. :blush:

Years later I always though about it, should I, or shouldn't have I,

Canada was the other alternative...better one in my eyes, but a bit to late now though.....:rolleyes: