reloading v buying

mikky

Not sure its worth reloading .223 if using normal FMJ's for plinking because theres a lot of Russian Wolf ammunition kicking about the UK at moment.It might be steel cased and sometimes steel jackets,but last i heard its around £22 per 100x so you'd be hard pushed to beat that reloading.If its expanding then i would imagine you can make a substantial saving.

thinking of buying a .223 just wondering how much of a saving if any do you make.

what quantities of primers, cases,heads etc do you have to buy to make it worth while

at the moment i can keep 600 and buy 500 in .223

cheers

mikky

Totaly depends on how many you shoot each year and wha type of ammo you want

What makes it better than buying, is that you can accurately reproduce a load with the ballistics you like, time and time again.

Flat with a light bullet for fox or a competition load, or a bigger bullet, they will group better if home made.

You may not save a fortune - maybe a 10p a round, if you are careful.

You win on consistency and a load which suits your rifle and you. Its also an obsorbing and relaxing hobby

What makes it better than buying, is that you can accurately reproduce a load with the ballistics you like, time and time again.

Flat with a light bullet for fox or a competition load, or a bigger bullet, they will group better if home made.

You win on consistency and a load which suits your rifle and you. Its also an obsorbing and relaxing hobby

:good: :good: :good:

Oh you can save a lot more than 10p a round, but you have to compare apples with apples. If you compare factory Privi / military surplus with Nosler partitions Vhit powder and lapua bress Fedral primers on a single re-load thats just unfair. Potentially on the other hand you can go to casting your own lead solids and reduced loads, I did some calcs on this recently for the Hornet and found it cost only fractionally more than .22 rf. Like i say apples with apples :good:

Relaoding is getting more expensive but in the long run (iof you dont incldue the cost of your own time) it works out cheaper. However, do i relaod becasie its cheaper? No I dont relaod just becasue its cheaper. i relaod becasue Im more open to a much wider variety of bullets, powders and velocity of finished loads. I can tune the bullet type to my rifle. But the biggest reason is becasue its an extra hobby that I realyl enjoy (as do many others) adn it gets me away from the TV when the Mrs is watching Corry. :)

Relaoding is getting more expensive but in the long run (iof you dont incldue the cost of your own time) it works out cheaper. However, do i relaod becasie its cheaper? No I dont relaod just becasue its cheaper. i relaod becasue Im more open to a much wider variety of bullets, powders and velocity of finished loads. I can tune the bullet type to my rifle. But the biggest reason is becasue its an extra hobby that I realyl enjoy (as do many others) adn it gets me away from the TV when the Mrs is watching Corry. :)

That is the reason I reload and the enjoyment of when your own round goes bang.

Sam