which one?

john m

I would look at a .177 as you said general target shooting plus it will give you a flatter trajectory so if your range finding is a bit off its more forgiving plus nothing likes a hole in the head no matter what size pellet you use

But what's your budget as to what rifle plus you need £100 plus for the charging equipment if you haven't already got it

I am not sure what my budget is yet a trip to Forsey's is on the cards to get an idea of prices air bottles or hand pumps how much effort is involved with a hand pump? which rifle will be a better deal? probably 2nd hand or is it 'pre enjoyed'

2nd hand might be cheaper :D

John,if you want a good spring gun then my advice would look at the Weihrauch range of rifles especially the HW77,HW80 or HW98.

If you can afford it though get a PCP cos IMO I won't use a spring rifle again after shooting PCP rifles!

The Air Arms S410 is a quality PCP rifle and I can't recommend this rifle enough-it's nothing short of superb!

Try and buy the best you can afford.

There are also a good range of scopes on the Market too so buy wisely.

Finally John if you need anymore help just PM me mate.

ATB.

John,if you want a good spring gun then my advice would look at the Weihrauch range of rifles especially the HW77,HW80 or HW98.

If you can afford it though get a PCP cos IMO I won't use a spring rifle again after shooting PCP rifles!

The Air Arms S410 is a quality PCP rifle and I can't recommend this rifle enough-it's nothing short of superb!

Try and buy the best you can afford.

There are also a good range of scopes on the Market too so buy wisely.

Finally John if you need anymore help just PM me mate.

ATB.

Thanks BB i will check out a few things first.

John

I went to forsey's yesterday prices for PCP rifles are from over £1000 down to £300 air bottles are £150 hand pumps are around £130-£150so the air bottle would be the better option i.e no moving parts nothing to go wrong but forsey's will recharge your rifle for £1.50 but you have go there and back.

O.K if you are going there for something else or are in the area looks like i will have to save me pennys just got to decide which rifle.

I had a look at the weihrauch superb rifles but scary money but i had a HW35 years ago which was good also the air arms and the BSA they look a good bit of kit i hope they are better than the bikes they used build.

I think i will go down the air bottle route were can you get them recharged? and how much per fill?

thanks John

How far is your nearest Gun Shop as most Gun Shops will refill your bottle for you.My nearest shop to me is about 10 miles away but I don't need to get it refilled for quite some time.It costs about £3 to refill.It all depends on what size charging bottle you intend to buy.

Approx 5 miles they charge £1.50

right i'm off chrimbo dinner then on the **** back tomoz thick head allowing bye

Edited by john m

Good idea roughly how many fills would i get from a 3 ltr bottle?

Got to get the gun first hopefully next week then save me pennies for the bottle and the other bits so i will have to go to the shop to refill but i have been googleing bottles ect it seems that a bottle marked surface only needs testing every five years instead of three if it is a divers bottle.

Any advice on makes of bottles and connectors ect welcome.

thanks John

John,it all depends on what bar the bottle is that you intend to buy.

I've got a 7ltr 300 bar bottle and I couldn't tell you how many charges I get off it,as say for instance if my gun is half full before i take it out then I will top it up to it's recommended maximum fill level to use it up my permission.

Speak to your Gun Shop for added advice on the Charging Bottle.

Let me know how you get on mate.

Well i did it Forsey guns BSA Ultra .22 10 shot Weihrauch moderator Sabre Accent 3-9 by 40 scope £500.00,gun slip and 500 Air Arms pellets £25.00

anyone got an opinion on the scope? I will get out and zero it hopefully this w/e just got to get a bottle when i get the dosh.

Well i did it Forsey guns BSA Ultra .22 10 shot Weihrauch moderator Sabre Accent 3-9 by 40 scope £500.00,gun slip and 500 Air Arms pellets £25.00

anyone got an opinion on the scope? I will get out and zero it hopefully this w/e just got to get a bottle when i get the dosh.

You need to go on the official 5 day training course to use an Ultra, why are they so daft to shoot, and the seals on mine have gone 3 times, so has the rifle now!

Sabre scopes are cheap and cheerful but depending on what you really want to do then they may be ok on this.

If you were serious about target this is NOT the rifle (or scope) to get, and you needed a .177.

If you intend to treat your target work as a zeroing exercise for field work then away you go! :good::good:

ATB!

:good: