No one is safe...

gixer1

What utter tosh!

The Frozen Planet series positively trades on the absolute authenticity of their filming. So much so that, unlike any other wildlife programme of which I am aware, they conclude each programme with a lengthy "how it was done" sequence which recounts the skill and endeavour required to capture the footage. Often the most absorbing part of the show.

For me the use of the polar bear footage did not detract from the brilliance of the programme. Likewise no attempt is being made to undermine the deserved reputation of David Attenborough or belittle his achievements.

Most people are aware that wildlife photography sometimes uses "staged" or "manufactured" sequences. But to weave footage shot in a zoo into a sequence shot in the Artic without comment is at worst, deceitful or at best, ill judged. Some attempt should have been made by the production team to bring this to the attention of the viewer and the failure to do so is worthy of adverse comment.

What utter tosh!

The Frozen Planet series positively trades on the absolute authenticity of their filming. So much so that, unlike any other wildlife programme of which I am aware, they conclude each programme with a lengthy "how it was done" sequence which recounts the skill and endeavour required to capture the footage. Often the most absorbing part of the show.

For me the use of the polar bear footage did not detract from the brilliance of the programme. Likewise no attempt is being made to undermine the deserved reputation of David Attenborough or belittle his achievements.

Most people are aware that wildlife photography sometimes uses "staged" or "manufactured" sequences. But to weave footage shot in a zoo into a sequence shot in the Artic without comment is at worst, deceitful or at best, ill judged. Some attempt should have been made by the production team to bring this to the attention of the viewer and the failure to do so is worthy of adverse comment.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it does look as though you are in a minority.

Another little snippet has emerged that there were several more clips that were actually studio set ups.

The caterpillar for instance, it was done in a studio.

Mt Attenboroughs comment to the allegations was that you have to do these things, much as in a film for continuity.

I'm now starting to have my doubts about 'Walking with Dinosaurs'

Edited by Billy.