Top Gear Christmas Special

Vipa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather watch my house burn to the ground than watch that whack.

Yes, me too. Whilst being reamed out by an over-developed and very randy two-headed goat.

I know the argument that goes 'when Angela Rippon was in it it used to have car reviews about Hillman Hunters etc etc,' so OK, a format like that may not be 'relevant' nowadays and that's fine, but really? Top Gear? I saw a few minutes of it at a friend's when their teenagers had it on and that made me want to repeatedly bang my head against the wall. Bunch of sycophantic morons in the audience guffawing at the schoolboy antics of a bunch of fading middle-aged geezers. Do me a favour.

'Last person to leave switch off the lights' time....

Don't get me wrong... I don't mind the format, I know it is entertainment with cars rather than being about mainstream cars... I just found the the India special wholly insulting to the Indian people, thier country, thier culture.....

Can you imagine the uproar if some foreign TV show came over here and did some of that kind of stuff!

I just found the whole thing embarrasing, disgusting and wholly unacceptable and if, as one of the papers has stated, the show and it's presenters are one of the UK's biggest 'cultural' exports then it is no wonder this country is either seen as arrogant and patronising or is a laughing stock to the rest of the world!

never new it was on and missed it! im a total top gear fan because its fun to see someone actualy say what they think. Anyway what would you prefer? american tv? :)

They aren't necessarily saying what they 'think' - remember Clarkson and co are paid to do a job and play a role. Even chat show appearances are paid work, as are the opinions.

You know it's not India (or wherever) they're taking the **** out of don't you, it's the Top Gear audience.