park lodge east yorkshire

cockercas

Well, I checked the board at 8:15, checked the weather outside (much milder in the West Riding) and hit the road. I managed to get within spitting distance of the ground before deciding that the last stretch looked a bit too much of an ask for a normal road car.

I called Joe, expecting to tell him that I'd be a few minutes late as I'd have to walk the last stretch; only to find that, less that ten minutes after I'd left the house, that the gig had been cancelled. Ouch! Nursed the car back to some vaguely gritted roads and, made the way home.

I dunno, you lot must be right fair weather shooters... I managed to get a bimmer across two thirds of the county and almost to the front door of the club. :P

Maybe next time, eh? Unless next time is the 19th, in which case, I'm afraid that I have a prior commitment.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sweat it Joe, at this time of year, stuff like this sometimes happens. Sounded like the kids were having a good time anyway. Enjoy your day, it's Superbowl sunday so, I'm gonna have a few beers, maybe take an afternoon snooze and then stay up all night watching the game whilst eating pizza and hotdogs. That said, I won't suffer any american style beers so, it'll be ale all the way.

Edited by Penfolio