park lodge east yorkshire

cockercas

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning to come in a 'normal' car but, a normal car for me at the moment is rear wheel drive and, it is worse than hopeless with even a light dusting of snow. If the roads are safe I'll certainly head over but, I had two buttock clenchers on my way home this evening and I'm in no hurry to 'go again'.

I'm in a 'normal' car, actually a little worse as it's a little 1 series with rear wheel drive and road tires. If it is just a normal country single track then I'm usually fine in the car. If I have to pull off the road though then things get hairy. How far is the lodge from the nearest 'normal' road if I need to walk in?

Thanks,

Rick

Here's the local weather forecast at 11.30.

theres over 5" of snow on the ground and main roads are passable with care. The road up to the ground is ok to the motorway bridge, but a whiteout beyond. It's thawing so should be ok. I'll have a drive up at 8am and report back in. Thing is, if we get there will the traps be working and the ground safe to walk around?

Right lads, I've been for a drive up.

The road is slippery but passable up to the motorway bridge. Beyond that there's only been one 4x4 used the track, so I wasn't prepared to risk it in the wife's vectra. It's minus 6 now so unlikely to thaw.

Even if a few 4x4s use the track between now and opening I don't think it'll be passable for 2WD for a good while.

H&S is a good point, but I also think there might be a lot of probs with the traps.

My gut feeling is we postpone, but it's your call Joe.