fitting a gun safe to celcon blocks

chady

The wall I want to fit my cabinate to is built with light weight thermal blocks.

I have done searches and the only option I have kind of seen is chemically fixed.

Has any one done this method them selfs and how did it go do the chemical fixings allow you to tighten The nuts enough without cracking the block

Basically is this the best way or is there another I have missed

Thanks Jamie

hi

have never had this problem as my walls are brick,but as i work in the building/civils game i would recommend HILTI HIT and threaded bar if you can get your hands on some or you can hire the puffer and gun for the hilti hit and buy the hit itself.Once in the wall you only need a nip on the nuts to hold it

hope that helps

dave

As above. My walls are chalk cob and the only way was chemfix. Any make will do. Most merchants now stock it in a single tube with a mixing nozzle that will fit a mastic gun. Use 10mm threaded bar, drill 13mm hole and use a depth stop - don't go right through the block, about 80mm on a 100mm block. Stick a piece of tube into the hole and blow the dust out, apply fixant deep into the hole to about half way out and coat the treads of the piece of stud, then twist the stud into the hole as if you were screwing it in.

Fit the safe over the studs before they've set while there's still some movement in them in case they're not in straight. Leave it over night to cure an nip them up tight next day.

If your walls are out of plumb like mine FEO will like to see a piece of timber or something packing out any gaps between safe and wall so no lever can be inserted.

Jamie, Gimlet has described the best method for you. I've got all the bits, threaded rod, resin, nuts/washers, even the puffer thingy :D I'd gladly help you out if you're not too far away from me [Dartford}

Let me know ;) cheers

atb

Chris

I had the same problem as my Walls are Celcon, can't remember step by step guide, but give the manufactures of Celcon a bell they are brilliant & they will give you good advice there tel no is xxxxxx xxxxxxx hope this helps mate :good: :good: :good:

probably better to pm phone number

Chemical fix the way to go you can get capsules you put in the whole but not used these also some tubes are designed for a specific applicator gun avoid these and get the sradard cartridge type if you have a mastic gun

Edited by HDAV

Thank you I will look into this hilti hit system.

Chris thank you very much for the very kind offer

But I leave leicester but thank you very kind of

YOU

I should be all right with it just want it right first time.

As I know these blocks are dreadfull

THAnk-you every one off to buy a safe now .

Jamie

probably better to pm phone number

Chemical fix the way to go you can get capsules you put in the whole but not used these also some tubes are designed for a specific applicator gun avoid these and get the sradard cartridge type if you have a mastic gun

If you know better than (Celcon) the manufactures mate that must be the right way to do it :good: :good: :good:

Edited by blackbird

• 3 weeks later...

Well that went really well thanks folks

I used fisher chemical resin from screwfix in the end It was injeckted by hand as well by twisting a screw at the other end of tube

I all so used 2 inch square washer from screwfix to pack out from wall to face of plaster board.

It dose not move a mm. Solid as a rock

Thanks again

Jamie