Daughters Corsa

Fisherman Mike

Got a problem with the Daughters 02 plate 1.0 litre Corsa.

The Heater is not working...doesnt seem to be any hot water getting to the heater matrix. Ive run the car for 20 minutes and the thermostat works fine and both top and bottom hoses get hot so it looks like it could be a non radiator problem. The heater controls all seem to work fine.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks as always.

Mike.

If it is the same as my daughter's - the cable that opened the heater had parted. ***** and levers all seemed to be normal and were relatively "stiff" but because the link cable had broken they were doing ****-all. everything was hot but no heat coming out.

Edited by Yellow Bear

Is the system full of coolant?

Just been down to Halfords and got some coolant flush...doesnt seem to be anything in the expansion tank and gonna check gonna check that now. Might as well take of all the hoses and flush everything out whilst Im at it I suppose.

I'll let you know.

If it is the same as my daughter's - the cable that opened the heater had parted. ***** and levers all seemed to be normal and were relatively "stiff" but because the link cable had broken they were doing ****-all. everything was hot but no heat coming out.

Thanks but pretty sure its not that...The small diameter hoses which leave the block and the water pump which go into the matrix dont seem to be getting hot at all.

put a tin of rad flush through it and ran it for 20 mins... Drained it out and removed top and bottom hoses heater hoses and thermosat housing. In side the thermostat housing was something that I can only describe as like being a cross betweem Soap and cream cheese...back flushed the heater matrix and the radiator and the block and refilled with clean water and antifreeze and took it for a blast......

Must have been a blockage or airlock

Anyone now know how to make a corsa heater cooler. :lol: :lol:

thanks for the advice all

Just check for any leaks on the radiator, waterpump or signs of blown head gasket. The coolant must have gone somewhere. When the level drops it doesnt circulate through the heater matrix as it often sits lower than where the feed pipes go through the bulkhead.

Edited by Pipmoff