Baikal o/u or side x side

Dannyboy220

Baikal are good choice if you want a reliable no frills guns, it's a good choice.

I'd suggest having a go with both a sxs and O/U, if you can, some love one sort and not the other.

SxS can get a bit hot if shooting a lot quickly, people say they recoil more (I can't tell), the sight picture is different, however they are very good, and personally I'd say they're great.

You might find though that an O/U may suit you better, they stay cooler and you may just prefer them.

If you don't have any real preference, I'd suggest buying whatever you find cheaply that fits you and you like, they do the same job. If you end up carrying it round a lot then sxs are a bit more practical for that, but if your in a hide it won't matter

Hi Danny.

I have owned and shot with both sbs and o/u Baikals, I prefered my o/u and parted with the sbs which did not seam to have the 'live' feel which the o/u had,it felt a bit wooden if that makes sence, allthough I have a number of other guns the O/U baikal is the favourite, take no notice of the 'never had one' experts, these guns out shoot the top of the snob range guns.

Both the sbs and o/u older ejector models have a screw which you can isolate the ejectors if you prefer, I prefer the older sculpted stock models which gives it that uniqueness, and yes most are a walnut species stock not a railway sleeper.

I dont want to shoot mine to bits, so it is now in semi retirement, it will be there for my grand kids to shoot with.

I hope you have as much sport, fun and enjoymet that I have had which ever gun you choose.

Best regards

Frank

Get which ever is cheapest and put the extra toward cartridges or a lesson or two.

Baikals are great you won't go wrong with either of them. get both if there cheap enough.

Cool yeah not to worried about the lessons as have always been pretty good at clays but will definitely look at the better cartridges, thanks

Hi Danny.

I have owned and shot with both sbs and o/u Baikals, I prefered my o/u and parted with the sbs which did not seam to have the 'live' feel which the o/u had,it felt a bit wooden if that makes sence, allthough I have a number of other guns the O/U baikal is the favourite, take no notice of the 'never had one' experts, these guns out shoot the top of the snob range guns.

Both the sbs and o/u older ejector models have a screw which you can isolate the ejectors if you prefer, I prefer the older sculpted stock models which gives it that uniqueness, and yes most are a walnut species stock not a railway sleeper.

I dont want to shoot mine to bits, so it is now in semi retirement, it will be there for my grand kids to shoot with.

I hope you have as much sport, fun and enjoymet that I have had which ever gun you choose.

Best regards

Frank

Yeah I have read loads of review saying the same thing really. Ultimately it's a straight stick as mentioned its the technique and the cartridges that do the work.

Thanks I ope and am sure I will have plenty of fun and hopefully a good freezer full too.

Hi Danny.

Best regards

Frank

Yeah I have read loads of review saying the same thing really. Ultimately it's a straight stick as mentioned its the technique and the cartridges that do the work.

Thanks I ope and am sure I will have plenty of fun and hopefully a good freezer full too.