shotgun cert

minton1

I live in Bedfordshire and got my Cert just after last Christmas, stand alone department then but now the same team as Herts, based in Harpenden, my son put in for his Cert last year in September , I would say from posting the application to getting the Cert posted back was about 2 months.

Good luck.

Waiting for the phone to ring can be very frustrating. Best not to kick off with them, all firearms licensing departments are usually very helpful.

I called last month, annoyed because my FLO didn't turn up to my interview. Turns out he had personal reasons for this and he called to apologise and with a credible explanation. I felt really bad afterwards :blush:

The initial application was sent at the end of November.

Good luck :good:

Hedd

I'm in great Yarmouth and got a call Friday saying my interview is on Tuesday so just over 2 weeks here at the moment from sending to interview just hoping it all goes well. can't wait now.

It was two weeks and a day from sending my application to having my interview and then being told my shotgun certificate should arrive in the next 3 weeks. That week ago!

Have you seen the article in spoting gun this month about licensing departments, it does depend on what force covers you. West Mercia are one of the worst in the country at the moment. I know that in my home county Warwickshire, if it's a renewal then they send it out before your old one runs out with a letter saying you'll get your visit in due course. With a guild line of 6-8 weeks. A very good system, never leaves you with guns and no certificate.