Footbal rioters

old rooster

There seems to be some sort of football festival going on in Germany at the moment, doesn't interest me one bit to be honest but I do get to take some great rides out on the bike if I plan them around the times that the matches are being shown on the goggle box.

Had to chuckle this morning while watching the news; apparently some English "fans" had been arrested for being drunk and disorderly and when asked what was going to happen to them next the English copper being interviewed said "they are waiting to be processed" Now those of you who know your german history will know that one thing you DON'T want to be while visiting that country is "processed" !!!!

Did make me chuckle and I bet it had some of them grabbing for their spare underpants. :lol::good:

Der, de pleece wuz ‘evey ‘anded. All we wuz doin’ wuz frowwin’ fings at passers by. :D

A bottul and a cupple uv chairs ‘ave never ‘urt anywun ‘ave they. :lol::lol::yes:

I feel gutted. :D

G.M.

You forgot to mention getting chased by men in green suits with poodles :good::lol::D:lol:

Dave :lol:

I'm not trying in anyway to minimise the harm these mindless morons do, or the way they let this country down.

However, the "troubles" in Germany caused by English hooligans during the World Cup (so far), is nothing in comparison to most nights in any tourist resort in Spain, the Canaries, Ibiza etc.

Its all about alcohol and immaturity. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying in anyway to minimise the harm these mindless morons do, or the way they let this country down.

However, the "troubles" in Germany caused by English hooligans during the World Cup (so far), is nothing in comparison to most nights in any tourist resort in Spain, the Canaries, Ibiza etc.

Cranners, the alcohol argument always seems a little thin to me! As a former player, rugby fan, Gloucester supporter and occasional visitor to the six nations games i can tell you that there is more than the odd libation consumed on these occasions and as yet I have never, repeat never seen any trouble at a rugby match, apart from on the field obviously! :good: I spoke to a mounted policeman when I was hobbling from the railway station on my way to Twickenham for the last England-wales match and I asked him if they ever have any trouble with the rugby crowds. He said, "Yes, trying to stop you lot feeding my horse sugar lumps". Also the bar is open all day during cricket matches and you don't see much trouble there either! I think it is more about the people and less about the alcohol.

Tribalism is alive and well, and thriving in Germany where they are apparantly playing a game called "soccer" :yes:

Ft

There seems to be some sort of football festival going on in Germany at the moment, doesn't interest me one bit to be honest but I do get to take some great rides out on the bike if I plan them around the times that the matches are being shown on the goggle box.

Had to chuckle this morning while watching the news; apparently some English "fans" had been arrested for being drunk and disorderly and when asked what was going to happen to them next the English copper being interviewed said "they are waiting to be processed" Now those of you who know your german history will know that one thing you DON'T want to be while visiting that country is "processed" !!!!

Did make me chuckle and I bet it had some of them grabbing for their spare underpants. :yes::good:

Ah someone else who does NOT like that game, i thought i was the only one. Any else stand up and be counted :rolleyes:

Cranners, the alcohol argument always seems a little thin to me! As a former player, rugby fan, Gloucester supporter and occasional visitor to the six nations games i can tell you that there is more than the odd libation consumed on these occasions and as yet I have never, repeat never seen any trouble at a rugby match, apart from on the field obviously! :good: I spoke to a mounted policeman when I was hobbling from the railway station on my way to Twickenham for the last England-wales match and I asked him if they ever have any trouble with the rugby crowds. He said, "Yes, trying to stop you lot feeding my horse sugar lumps". Also the bar is open all day during cricket matches and you don't see much trouble there either! I think it is more about the people and less about the alcohol.

Tribalism is alive and well, and thriving in Germany where they are apparantly playing a game called "soccer" :yes:

Ft

I've never quite understood why the alcohol at Cricket and Rugby doesn't seem to have the same effect on the imbibers behaviour. Maybe they drink so much that they become comatose, I like rugby and cricket ;-))))).

Anyway lets not lose sight of the mindless violence that took place during germany's world tour of 1939-45 and that wasn't alcohol related !!

Ah someone else who does NOT like that game, i thought i was the only one. Any else stand up and be counted :rolleyes:

For the life of me I can't understand the mentality of soccer fans, I love shooting but I don't think about it all day every day. Just imagine the carnage if everyone got hammered after a clay meet and acted the same way. :yes:

P03

Alcohol and immaturity! Sounds like any weekend in any town in the world! Its just because its the world cup that its been shown on the news!

If the the World Cup was being held in my back garden I'd pull the curtains!!

Is that just incase someone knocked at the door and asked for a drink! Being greedy is not very nice! :yes::good::sly::sly: :yp: