Comon land

Richard756

Hi there is a lot of comon land that backs on the wood where we have permission. Does anyone else have permission to shoot on comon land and if so how did you go about getting permission to do so.

Thanks Richard

Common land in the uk is still owned by someone i/e lord of the manor/english heritage/royalty/etc etc who may allow common rights such as grazing animals/ramblers/camping etc and is mainly controlled/looked after by local councils,the difficulty you have is that its common land for use by anyone for the reasons stated by the owner, trying to get permission for anything that is different to what is stated is almost impossible as too many people have access to the land,if its out in the wilds and too far for anyone to bother with it you could try the local council office but I wouldnt hold my breath.

I have often wondered who shoots on common land, but I can't imagine anyone getting permission easily, and there would be so many safety problems that it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I have also seen several parish Church yards with terrible rabbit damage and wondered if they are ever shot of ferreted - probably not judging by the numbers I've seen. I wouldn't even try to get permission on them not least because I don't think I'm brave enough to spend dark nights there with NV. :look:

I have often wondered who shoots on common land, but I can't imagine anyone getting permission easily, and there would be so many safety problems that it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I have also seen several parish Church yards with terrible rabbit damage and wondered if they are ever shot of ferreted - probably not judging by the numbers I've seen. I wouldn't even try to get permission on them not least because I don't think I'm brave enough to spend dark nights there with NV. :look:

Down to the church council and minister. permission may be possible if the rabbits are damaging head stones by their burrows.

Check with the vicar. Sundays is not usually a good day to suggest shooting :lol:

• 4 weeks later...