signal boosters for routers

mikky

Have a look at the Linksys WRT54GL wireless router

This is a Linux based router and there is 3rd party firmware available which allows you to increase the wireless signal power

Beware that there is a legal limit to the power output of a private wireless signal and I couldnt condone exceeding that :no:

if it has detachable antenna as you say just replace it with a omni directional high gain antenna

something like;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-ANT2405C-2-4GHz-Omni-Directional-Antenna/dp/B000N40U9O/ref=pd_cp_computers_0

that 5db gain, if you have lots of solid walls in the house you may wanna get something a little but more powerful

I have a poor signal from my BT home hub into lounge so bought two Solwise adaptors - one is WiFi and get good signal to my Samsung Galaxy and DAB radio - It also has two Ethernet sockets on it so TV and Freesat box is now connected to net.

I class it as one of those better buy's I have made.

dave

another option is if you have an old router hanging around.... i did this before i bought a powerline system and it worked a treat

http://lifehacker.com/5563196/turn-your-old-router-into-a-range+boosting-wi+fi-repeater

in theory you can do it with any old broadband router (even if it's not compatible with DD-WRT) - you just need to switch off DHCP