Last day for me

daz2202

Well here we are , the end of the fowling season , doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I was getting excited to start the season.

Well I'm off at 4 am in the morning for my last quest for duck and goose. I have been out mostly once a week since sept first and this year is by far the worst I have ever had, many hours watching the sun rise and go down across the Swale estuary without a shot.

How's everyone else got on this year? And are you having one last bash at it too

Mediocre at best. Ducks very few and far between and the Pinks did not really turn up in any numbers and when they did they soon moved on. Distinctly average personally, and some distinctly average shooting did not help either :rolleyes:

But I have been mentoring a new junior club member (son of the farmer where I shoot), and that has been very rewarding, he has had more successful flights than I have, mainly I suspect because I put him in the best places or let him shoot first - but he would say it is just because he is a natural born 'fowler! I got him his first foreshore teal, mallard, greylags and a Pink this season.

Mediocre at best. Ducks very few and far between and the Pinks did not really turn up in any numbers and when they did they soon moved on. Distinctly average personally, and some distinctly average shooting did not help either :rolleyes:

But I have been mentoring a new junior club member (son of the farmer where I shoot), and that has been very rewarding, he has had more successful flights than I have, mainly I suspect because I put him in the best places or let him shoot first - but he would say it is just because he is a natural born 'fowler! I got him his first foreshore teal, mallard, greylags and a Pink this season.

some times thats better than shooting them yourself took a few fresh faces to the wash this year an the smile on there faces when they bag that first duck :D just great

As for the shooting the ducks have been on the wash and Iv shot a good few the geese was a total non starter dont help with living 70 mile away

might have one last crack on monday?

I filled my bag return in this week. 11 Canada's, 1 Gadwall, 1 mallard, 3 wigeon and 24 teal. A pritty good season for myself but as has been said by others, the best bit was taking 2 guns out on thier first wildfowling experiences.

I've finished up the season in Scotland, 2 trips without squeezing the trigger, but very impressive to see the 10,000's of pinks flying over the solway. A massive thanks to Utectok for all his help and advise :good: he's a top bloke!

Ive been to the foreshore 8 times this season, here in vancouver.

2 canadas

1 snow goose

5 mallard

1 green winged teal

1 drake pintail

3 gadwal

6 n american widgeon

2 buffleheads

In previous seasons ive shot 25 + snow geese

in under 8 trips.

Its a wonderful sight when the skies are full of snows

and the sound is breathtaking

Edited by trapperdan

Well... Another waste of my bovva. And to top it off dropped my iPhone in the sea. So just been to O2 shop for a new one and left them with the old to try and wake it up to get my info from it as I never plug it in to back up!

O well will try again next season , this armed bird watching is addictive

Well... Another waste of my bovva. And to top it off dropped my iPhone in the sea. So just been to O2 shop for a new one and left them with the old to try and wake it up to get my info from it as I never plug it in to back up!

O well will try again next season , this armed bird watching is addictive

Never mind mate if its any consolation I might be writing a similar post tomorrow night apart from the iphone bit as I am a tight *** and only have an old phone :lol: