Yesterdays stalk

yds

006.jpg

after a long stalk we were scuppered by the deer moving to an unsafe area.

Then the fifth one which had been laid down away from the group, stood and offered a shot, which wasn't taken and it to soon became unsafe.

After a long wait a doe fed down the bank and became safer to shoot.

the client who was now stood on sticks could see alot more ground then me who was still in the ditch.

If you look close on the shot you can see the bullet strike the ground just behind the deer. :good:

Edited by yds

was it shot in the rear ?? if it was a shocking shot,hope he paid for the meat

absolutely perfect heart shot taken through the front shoulder.

if you look at the vid again you can see the dog sniff the bullet hole on the shoulder and see the colour of the blood on the floor.

A gut shot deer won't drop and usually hunches up and even walks backwards.

regards john

absolutely perfect heart shot taken through the front shoulder.

if you look at the vid again you can see the dog sniff the bullet hole on the shoulder and see the colour of the blood on the floor.

A gut shot deer won't drop and usually hunches up and even walks backwards.

regards john

Ahh I see just listening to the video footage you pointed at the rear end where the dog was pulling at saying that was the entry,matters not its still dead,Oh I didnt say gut shot I said rear end shot,you can clearly see the rear end callapse first

Edited by Ackley

Ahh I see just listening to the video footage you pointed at the rear end where the dog was pulling at saying that was the entry,matters not its still dead,Oh I didnt say gut shot I said rear end shot,you can clearly see the rear end callapse first

this often happens when the deer is unaware your there they don't always jump forward. If rear end shot the deer would colapse but its head would rise and flail around as it would try and stand back up, its not a quick death and a follow up shot is required asap.

you can as i said see the entry on the deers shoulder the dog was just pulling the hair off the deers ****.

Edited by yds