Lampin Fox

cjm

If you are lamping on unshot foxes white light is ok but dont hold it on the center of the beam to long, use the very outer edge with just enough light to see it. If they are weary use a red filter and again use the outer edge of the beam, just enough light to see them until they are in range then a quick blast in the center of the beam and shoot They will normally only stand for a short time in the middle of the beam before running to the next county

Deershooter :good:

Personally, I think filters are a waste of time. In my experience a lamp shy fox, is a lamp shy fox. Just have to try and out smart the lamp shy fox. We had one that would sit in the same place every night, on top of a hill with no back stop like it knew and wouldn't budge. But if you got anywhere closer with the lamp it would bolt. Eventually we left the lamp on it at the vehicle and I walked right around the farm so I was parallel to it and shot it in the neck. Although it is quite difficult to find it when your not directly behind the lamp but when you do its clear as day its a fox.