Thought for today

elmstone

When my mate & i were long haired rockers 1978-82 we were walking up a narrow street in Brighton one August bank Holiday when 2 skinheads walked toward then past us, One of them then turned round & shouted at someone as we walked round the bend we were confronted with a good 50-100 skinheads walking towards us :lol: . It was to late to turn & run so we just put our heads down & walked through the lot of them. We herd the odd remark like get your hair cut, we had got throught the lot of them, turned the corner into the main street & ran as fast as we could. As we ran it finaly twigged in there thick skulls :) that 2 Rockers had just walked through them they all startted to shout "ROCKERS ROCKERS KILL THE BA$TERDS".

We had got about 100 yards away when they flooded into the main street jumping up & down stouiting where are they we slipped up another side street & had it toes away.

Later i waited outside a Fish & chip shop while my mate got us some grub. 2 Skinheads walked into the shop, my mate came out & said shall we do the Ba$terds, i said no lets not. They were about 10 years old.

Just seeing that picture made the hair (what little i have) stand up on the back of my neck, momoreys flooding back.

PELT MAN

When my mate & i were long haired rockers 1978-82 we were walking up a narrow street in Brighton one August bank Holiday when 2 skinheads walked toward then past us, One of them then turned round & shouted at someone as we walked round the bend we were confronted with a good 50-100 skinheads walking towards us :lol: . It was to late to turn & run so we just put our heads down & walked through the lot of them. We herd the odd remark like get your hair cut, we had got throught the lot of them, turned the corner into the main street & ran as fast as we could. As we ran it finaly twigged in there thick skulls :good: that 2 Rockers had just walked through them they all startted to shout "ROCKERS ROCKERS KILL THE BA$TERDS".

We had got about 100 yards away when they flooded into the main street jumping up & down stouiting where are they we slipped up another side street & had it toes away.

Later i waited outside a Fish & chip shop while my mate got us some grub. 2 Skinheads walked into the shop, my mate came out & said shall we do the Ba$terds, i said no lets not. They were about 10 years old.

Just seeing that picture made the hair (what little i have) stand up on the back of my neck, momoreys flooding back.

PELT MAN

That post cracked me up Pelt Man.

Many years ago I was doing a gig at the 100 club in Oxford Street. As far as I was concerned it was a little peace of music heaven. All my influences had played there over the years and I felt like royalty being on stage. Anyway, at the end of the gig, all the gear was getting packed away as me and the boys was trying to pull the reenies. We heard a lot of shouting and the like so we we went out the back and found the sound guys getting a kicking from some of the crowd. Their crime was having long hair :lol: These sound guys were faces from the late sixties and were doing us a cheap deal for the night. We ended up paying them extra and apologising until red in the face.

Good days? I'm not so sure now.

LB