All dayer

Fenny

Hi I have for offer some pigeon shooting on crops followed by a roost shoot but have limited spaces the days available are as follows Monday 5th March 2 spaces,Tuesday 20th 3 spaces and Monday 26th March 2 spaces ,the price per gun is £20 with gear £25 without gear allsupplied cheers Fenny ps please pm with any questions

Hi I have for offer some pigeon shooting on crops followed by a roost shoot but have limited spaces the days available are as follows Monday 5th March 2 spaces,Tuesday 20th 3 spaces and Monday 26th March 2 spaces ,the price per gun is £20 with gear £25 without gear allsupplied cheers Fenny ps please pm with any questions

Hi Fenny,

PM sent.

Regards

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

March 20th All dayer with Fenny, swift tea and chat at Fenny’s with other PW members Fletcher1234565 & Colc08 then off to the fields, just so many birds drifting and moving about. Colc08 & Fletcher were dropped off at one field and Fenny & I set up against a hedge in an adjacent corner field of recently drilled wheat, Fenny stopped off at a nearby house to let the owners know we were shooting nearby and they were really chuffed that he’d taken the trouble to let them know, nice touch that. Fenny set out a rough horseshoe broadly into the very light and fitful wind with a rotary off to one side. In the field margin he placed five or six dead corvid decoys in a random manner. It was a fine warm morning and within ten minutes several rooks passed overhead from a nearby rookery, two falling in quick succession, followed by an absolutely fantastic 60 yarder rook going away fast, off to our left by Fenny. The woodies came regularly in twos and threes, often quite high in the light wind throughout the morning and a good strike rate was maintained well into the afternoon as small adjustments were made to the pattern they were encouraged to commit and come into land more often.

At around 4pm, the birds began to dry up so we packed up and moved off to the wooded areas nearby. The sun was now quite low in the sky and through a screen of yet to leaf poplar trees a large number of birds were outlined on low slung power lines in the distance. Would they come this way? Ten minutes later a single bird rose from nowhere over the high poplars and began to veer off as I raised the gun, but at last I’d got my eye in and it fell hard and close to me followed by another about 20 seconds later in an almost identical fashion. Several more came but the light had almost gone and I just scared them with my wildly snatched shots. We all regrouped and tallied up the bag, a mix of 50 pigeon and corvids and posed for the camera.

This guy Fenny is the real deal, he genuinely gets pleasure from the people he takes out enjoying a good days shooting, there is no catch. If you get the chance to enjoy his hospitality please give him every respect.

Cheers Fenny, a day I will remember for a long time.

Bakerboy, I’ve been asked to point out that there really are pigeons to be seen in the fens, thousands of them, so when are you off to Specsavers?

Smashing post Bluebar, sounds like a great day out. It's people like Fenny and CZ550Kevlar that ensure the survival of our sport - top blokes all of them.

Cheers CW

Couldn't have put it better; It is essential to encourage younger people into shooting for it to survive,

in the case of older geezers like me it's essential "Care in the Community" :lol::blush:

Great post Bluebar. A great day was had by all I think :good:

Cheers Colc08,

It really was, a great host and great company, I still can't get the grin of my face. :)

Took the breasts from 4 birds last night, amounted to just over 1lb of meat! Not decided on which recipe yet.... decisions, decisions...... :hmm:

Took the breasts from 4 birds last night, amounted to just over 1lb of meat! Not decided on which recipe yet.... decisions, decisions...... :hmm:

Bluebar, I believe there are some recipes on the BASC website - http://www.basc.org.uk/en/games-on/topnav/recipes/pigeon-recipes/index.cfm

Mine have all been breasted and are in the freezer ready for the other half do make a yummy dish with ( she can cook. I can't) :oops:

Enjoy - :good:

Bluebar, I believe there are some recipes on the BASC website - http://www.basc.org.uk/en/games-on/topnav/recipes/pigeon-recipes/index.cfm

Mine have all been breasted and are in the freezer ready for the other half do make a yummy dish with ( she can cook. I can't) :oops:

Enjoy - :good:

Cheers Col, :good:

Will take a look at lunch time.

ATB

Rob