Your thought on using a buggy as a shooting/lamping wagon..

Sprocker101

I've been looking for a cheap quad for some lamping and getting deer out of the field, and i have been considering a buggy, such as a MOTO ROMA OFF ROAD BUGGY 150cc.

does anyone use one and what are your thoughts/possible problems of using one??

Many thanks

simon

how are you going to transport it to your permission if its not road legal...thats the main problem as I looked into a quad and the cost outweighed it all

We use a pair of club Kadets, and they are brilliant things for lamping, we have frames on the back of them :good:

Ours are road legal which is a real bonus, the one thing I would say though, is that they need/cost more in maintanance than the quads we used to use, but they are a damn sight safer!

Edited by Devon Fox

A few of the old guys on our syndicate have bought a mixture of Polaris, Kubota & Kawasaki UTV's as they were facing having to pack in as they were struggling to walk round the very steep hills & boggy ground on the shoot. They have proved very effective and are a lot more practical than a quad having a load bed to cart stuff around and 3 or 6 seats. Brilliant off road!! :good:

The keeper uses one for vermin control throughout the year for lamping etc. Very handy.

If i could justify spending the money, i would buy a polaris ranger, however i can't.

What do you guys think of this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PGO-BUGRIDER-250CC-OFF-ROAD-BUGGY-/320858016931?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ab4a0cca3#ht_986wt_1219

Cant see it being ideal for shooting,

Too restrictive

:shaun: