CLUTCH PROBLEM

the pelt man

Any ideas would be great.

I have a "W" reg Vauxhall Zafira which i want to sell but the clutch has gone in the last week.

I had a new clutch fitted 6-8 months ago and in the last couple of weeks the clutch pedal has got lower and lower before the clutch works.

The clutch has been fixed 3 times in as many years with leaking seals and loss of compression.

There is no sign of any leaks this time and the system has been bled to get any air out that might have got in some how, but there was no improvment.

I would like to sell this car in working order or i will not get much for it, any advise please

PELTY :hmm:

Could be a knackered slave cylinder (assuming it's hydraulic) so its leaking fluid into the clutch housing. Usually the slave cylinder is only held in by a couple of bolts so it should be easy to pop out and take a look.

Thanks, that did happen last time BUT there is NO loss of fluid this time.

Cheers anyway

PELTY

The small seal at the front of the master cylinder is sometimes the problem. It doesn't seal properly and lets fluid get pushed back into the reservoir.

Check slave cylinder for leaks - also put your hand on the clutch pedal lever - at the top. see whether there is any fluid on the pedal lever.

Either your hydraulics are at fault or the clutch pressure plate is on its way out.