advice needed for S410

-ben-

Hi i have a Air Arms S410 i am having trouble with it shooting straight at the minute after it was dropped i think that the barrel is bent on it now. it is not sitting straight in the barrel band touching the the right hand side. is there any advice on sorting it if the barrel is bent or will it need replacing.

cheers

look down the barrel and it could be to one side if so undo the figure of 8 band so it loose and look down the barrel again it could now have sprung back into place if not you should be able to move the barrel easy so it looks like its in the centre of the air cylinder before tightening it back up fire a few shoots at a target to check it if its ok carefully tighten the figure of 8 back up

ive tried that and taken it of its catching on the bottom. ive just taken the barrel of and rolled it across a flat surface and it has the slightest bump in it as i rolled it. it didnt affect the accuracy its still as accurate as before but now its not shooting straight. what would a .22 carbine barrel set me back.

cheers

ive tried that and taken it of its catching on the bottom. ive just taken the barrel of and rolled it across a flat surface and it has the slightest bump in it as i rolled it. it didnt affect the accuracy its still as accurate as before but now its not shooting straight. what would a .22 carbine barrel set me back.

cheers

Sounds daft but why not bend it back I did this to a rapid barrel 15.7mm so 410 at 10mm should be easy.

use the force luke.

no?

okay but yes apparantly you can bent barrels back, jus bend it over your knee or something and it will want to return to straight then wont bend easily any further, there is an article on pryamyd air: http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/07/straightening-barrels.html

have to say worked on my springer (ye old crappee norica )

The last time i checked, a replacement barrel was about £120 delivered. That was a while ago mind you. You did the right thing by taking it off and rolling it, its the only proper way to check. My advice is find yourself a bit of timber (4 x 2 is perfect) drill a hole through, put the barrell in so the bend is in the middle of the hole and gently press the bend out.