XSPRING STICK - JACK PYKE vs EEZZY WOBBLERS

I just got an extra 10 flocked shells for free but they came with some useless stics so I thought I would buy a few more EEZZY WOBBLERS which I think are pretty ok in light wind to give a bit of movement. Before I shell out a tenner has anyone oused these other sticks from Jack P**E that can be found on fleabay?

Thanks

Ive used both and eezzy's work in light winds just didnt like them for getting into hardish ground.

If you go for the JP sticks on flea bay make sure you get the branded ones they are ok.

There are some cheaper ones on there very much the same but with pegs like rubber and springs just as floppy and wont hold the decs up, in a word rubbish.

Edited by deny essex

I prefer spring sticks (any make) to "eezzy wobblers".

I have tried them and got fed up chasing my shell decoys down the field, because even a slight breeze seems to blow them off the "wobblers".

If you find the springs too "soft" on spring sticks, just twist the spring further down the peg and that "tightens" the spring.

As cranfield says with the tightening , but no good on the cheap ones I had and mentioned they still remaind rubbish.

A tip for the eezzy wobs type (bandstrap metal ones) , straighten the end out so that 50mm approx lays flat to match the underside of the decoy, then add some velcro/ hook and loop self adheasive strips to eezzy and decoy, they wont come off easy in the wind and makes placement simple.

Edited by deny essex

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that "deep" reply!

I think I will have a bunch of pegs then I can make my own mind up.

Can feel a pegs versus Wobblers review coming on.

Three field trials later and I think the wobblers have it over the pegs.

Pegs were ok once tweaked to be the right wobbliness for the breeze but most came in half when pulled out of the ground by the shells they were clipped into and I lost two bits in one outing.

Wobblers worked fine in even a light breeze and I personally would go to the pub if it was blowing so hard that the shells were blowing of the wobblers!

• 2 weeks later...

Look for the wooden spring sticks (come in various lengths), they are better made than the plastics ones and stick in harder ground better.

When lifting my decoys, I pick them up by the stick, not the decoy, this stops the decoy getting damaged and bits of the stick coming off.

• 3 weeks later...

Look for the wooden spring sticks (come in various lengths), they are better made than the plastics ones and stick in harder ground better.

When lifting my decoys, I pick them up by the stick, not the decoy, this stops the decoy getting damaged and bits of the stick coming off.

Good bit of advice there, lost count of the times i've been setting up and found the bottom half of sticks....lol's