beretta world sporting

tosspot

come on guys

i can't believe that none of you lot are going

Cat, your a Beretta man aren't you?

me i've borrowed a 682DL, shot with it for the first time today

roll on 09.30 Sun morning :good::lol:

(can you guess what my No1 excuse may be?)

tosspot,

Yes, I'm a Beretta 682 user, and yes I did shoot it, at the same time as you by the sounds of it, 9.30 Sunday morning. How did you fare..??

I started on stand 3 with the wind and rain lashing in my face, and finished that stand 3 birds down, so I then knew it wasn't going to be my day, I only straighted 3 or 4 stands and finished on a 99, so a below par performance.

I didn't think the layout was that good, with a lot of going away targets, not one decent long crosser, and a stupid rabbit on stand 4 about 20 feet away, not up to World Championship Standard, Dave P at Southdown would have put on a much better layout.

Just another day at the office for young Richard Faulds, who despite the fact that he had neither a hat nor a gunslip in all that driving rain, breezed around the course to post a 114. I don't know whether he won the shoot off, the Gunmark website is down...??

South West Region Area championship coming up on July 22/23 at Southern Counties, a bit of a trek for me, but well worth it, I'm hoping for a decent score that could secure me a place in the England team.

Cat.

started on stand 10 Cat

same time and day as you so yes in the peeing rain and gusting wind

shot an 85, but as always would've been happier with 90/95 as dropped some very silly birds

still on reflection my score stood up well against some of my S.Down peers with many A (and i ain't an A) shooters in the 80's

what suprised me most was Mr Bunning last years winner on an 83?

in fairness i think the conditions on Sunday probably cost us a couple of birds

considering the glorious sunshine on Friday and Sat

can't really comment on the standard of clays as this was the biggest comp i've shot

but i must say i was mightily impressed with the smooth organisation and trap/clay reliability

will definately try to attend the next one

as a side issue the gun i borrowed, 682DL, was fantastic it was an olden, 16 yrs i believe but has

only fired under 2k shots and this comp has served it's purpose in that i will most definately consider a Beretta at my next purchase

good luck in your England quest, keep us posted :good::good:

Stuart,

It's not your PC - it's the same on mine.

There's always a few surprises when reading score sheets like this one - plenty of fancied names blew out big time, but I'd have to say, it wasn't a shoot that will stick in my memory for very long.

If you want to shoot some absolutely super targets at what in my opinion is probably the best Sporting Ground in England, enter the British Open to be held at West Midlands Shooting Ground, (AKA Hodnet SG), first week of September.

You won't regret it, it will be a toughy, but it will be good.

Cat

im toying with the idea of going to the one at hodnet, ive shot there a couple of times before and done quite well. be interesting to see how i fair against the big guns though! :good: its the nicest ground ive seen too so itd probably be worth the trip just for a walk round!