Roof mounting a lamp

ferretmanabu

I have recently bought a hilux surf truck which has a sunroof. I also have a lightforce lamp which until now have been using as scope mounted.

Does anyone know of a way I can mount a lamp (possibly lightforce, but willing to explore other options) to the roof without modifying/cutting holes in the vehicle such that I am able to swivel the lamp manually by a handle either through the sunroof or from the window? I'm not interest in any electrical remote operated systems, just want to keep it simple.

Thanks.

I use an old magnetic base off one of those flashing beacons off a tractor.

Simple enough to fit some sort of bracket to fasten a lamp to it.

Adjust it by hand through the sunroof.

Put a piece of thin cloth between the mag and the truck if you are fussed about your paintwork. I'm not :D

Google, "Silverline Double Suction Pad". If you're really off road, you have one bit of kit, but if soft road, with the aid of an hacksaw, two. Just add something scope mounted - 1" or 30mm to suit the suction pad arm - (Blazerlite) from Clulite with the new (ish) type of mount with the adjustment tight enough for the terrain but loose enough to adjust. It is possible to use the Lightforce as you'll realize but it would be fixed. However, again, Clulite sorts it but this does cost somewhat. To explain, I need a reference which means leaving this so if you require more info, PM me.

I've got one on the Fourtrak but I wasnt bothered about cutting a hole in the roof it'll be going to the scrapyard when I'm finished with it, However Someone on here put pics up last year of a Black freelander, they replaced the sunroof with chequer plate and used the lightforce handle, no damage to the origional sunroof and could be swapped back at any time....Ideal!