Cz american .17hmr and first rabbits

Ferretboy111

Hello guys, as you all prob know ive just got my firearms certificate, and went to get my cz american today, however not with silencer as they didnt have any in, :good: Its seriously loud but funnily enough the rabbits today dint seem to mind, i zeroed it in for 100 yards, tested 30 yrds, 60 yrds and 150 and its flat from 30-100 needs 1 1/2 inches above for the 150 yards mark, was using remington. Shot off 45 rounds and had 5 left so thought id go and drive back home driving around one grass field, drove around and 1st bunny ran out of the grass, sat about 30 yrds away before going into the ditch, CRACK, thats one down, same happened with 3 more on that field, unfortuantly they werent exactly tricky shots, id prefer them to be further away, but never mind still lots of time for that.

So finished with 4 rabbits for like 2 seconds, made a mess though but my ferrets dont mind that.

Scope is a 4-12*44 hawke airmax btw.

Im loving this gun already and only had it half a day.!!!!!

Alex

p.s sorry about the photo as it was starting to rain so had to take it in the garage

post-2453-1152549142.jpg

Nicely done Alex,

do I detect that you are quite keen on this gun :good:

I can remember taking mine out for the first time - a fair few targets and a crow at 140 yards - great.

You have got lots of fun to come with that kit.

Cheers

AndyCM

:good: i need to zero my mind into how far 100 yards actually is, as it seems awfully far to me and i need to do abit more freestanding shooting with it, but luckily its rather light so shouldnt be too much of a chore.

Alex

I adore this gun, its amazing, cant wait till my mate comes back off holiday so we can start lamping every night.

Alex

Todays bag after a quick nip around in the pickup, i only shot the hare because i wanted to test the accuracy of the gun as it was at 110 yards, killed outright, ferrets love them aswell.

Im loving this gun so much, not one miss out of the total of 7 rabbits and a hare ive shot with it, within 1 1/2 days. :good:

Also i made a bipod for it today, welded a couple of metal pipes together, added foam, and rubber bottoms to it.

Alex :good:

post-2453-1152632245.jpg

I put the .22LR back on last week and its coming back off again. The 17HMR always putrs a smile on my face. Incidentally Alex, have you doubled checked your figures on the drop at 150yards? It seems a little shallow, I would have expected more like 2.25-2.5 inches.

2.5 is whats on the Rimfire central trajectory chart assuming you have a 100 yard Zero,

but nice shooting all the same. Hares really don't like the little hummer I had to thin out a few a while back and its a great tool for them

Well, on my mildot scope its confused me, because with aiming using the one dot down the shooting of it is too high, which looks about 3.5 inches above the center of the target, half way and its too low, so its like 3/4, but ill have to check it again anyway at a later date, as its been alittle windy these past few days. i know that its flat though from 30-100 quite nicely, and i very much doubt ill be shooting anything over 100, or very rarely as the rabbits i got were close, too close in fact for me to use the .17hmr on them.

Alex

:good: