Which Deeks?

JR1960

As the title suggests, I've always been a fan of my Flexicoys and prefered them to anything else and had them for years. However I'm getting old, fat and knackered and I can do without lugging 30-40 Flexicoys around as they're bulky and weigh a ton. I've never been a great fan of shells, but I'll listen to anyone's suggestions.

So anyone convince me there's anything better around that works and are easily transportable??

As the title suggests, I've always been a fan of my Flexicoys and prefered them to anything else and had them for years. However I'm getting old, fat and knackered and I can do without lugging 30-40 Flexicoys around as they're bulky and weigh a ton. I've never been a great fan of shells, but I'll listen to anyone's suggestions.

So anyone convince me there's anything better around that works and are easily transportable??

flocked shells with springs ! trust me i was like you i didnt like the idea at all of shells but the are now my favirote !

Been there, done that. Nothing will stop you getting older, but if you stop humping the flexicoys, you'll soon be even fatter and more knackered. I make do with 20 and pad out with shot birds - up to the 30 or 40 mark.

If you do go for a change, some of the proprietary brands of sticks make the deeks act like Dervishes on a LSD overdose in the gentlest of breezes which is worse than useless.

Shame we haven't really had a comprehensive long term report on the Fudds (unless I missed it).

I have 6 fuds, 12 silosocks and about 10 shell decoys and i have set them all up near each other in individual groups to make one pattern and everything (pigeons, crows and definetly peregrines) all go for the shells. Which annoys me as the shells are my oldest and most beat up and the others i have bought as i thought they would be better, if/when i get some more i keep telling myself it will be shells but i am easily swayed by a bit of sales patter!

That is my limited experience Tom

Thanks for the views guys.

So, 1 for FUDs, 1 for flocked shells, 1 for old shells & 1 for keeping the Flexicoys.

I suppose what's most interesting is that out of 20,000 odd members only 4 people have a view on what must be the most important bit of kit to a pigeon shooter!!!

Do they all work so well it makes no difference??

john , i would sugest you get another 40 flexi , and shoot more , at your age and size all the exercise you can get counts ! :lol: :lol:

(pot kettle and im black ! )

xx

Ah, you may notice a bit of difference on that front since the last time I saw you.