Trailer Number Plate

Ricko

Before anyone starts, yes I know that I should have a number plate relating to the vehicle displayed clearly on the trailer that I am towing.

It was when the policeman in Liverpool said to me, "I'm going to give you a £30 fine, I know it's not the crime of the century"

The temptation to give a witty reply was getting hard to suppress, but I bit my tongue.

Serves me right a country boy venturing into a city with my country ways.

Get a plate on your trailer!

We use trailer boards daily and mine has my plate on it.

The problem i have is that the trailer boards are garbage nowadays, within a few days the wiring has disconnected from somewhere which can still get you a fine.

I`m not sure if my boss is buying the cheapest he can get but it does seem like it.

If you are getting number plates get them from ebay rather than you motor factors, there is a good seller called iankaren who i have used about 5 or 6 different times now and always been impressed with their service. I pay about £18 and get 4 rear number plates delivered the next day normally. You dont have to mess around with taking your log book or anything. I went to my local motor factors and the bloke wanted to charge me £18!!!!! for one plate as totally forgot to pick one up when getting a trailer decided i would risk it as was only a low trailer so could still see my car number plate.

My brother inlaw makes number plates as a side thing. Feel free to pm me if you want a cheapy made up.

EDIT:

They are £7 each. Normally couple quid postage, or free if you live around here.

Edited by -oXo-

Just ordered the letters off eBay, as I have a blank yellow reflective aluminium number plate.

Why the jumped up twerp couldn't have given me a warning instead of the £30 fine.

I think I got riled when he said, "I know it's not the crime of the century"

"Oh what is then? Mr Blair sending trops to Iraq without a UN mandate?"