Fallow

Evening, I have a lot of roe and muntjac on my land so am used to these guys wondering about. This morning I take the dog out and in the first field there are about 10+ fallow about 100yrds away happy as larry. Been here three years and never seen one (newbury) any idea why they have just arrived and in force?

could be a change on local land forcing them to move on to a new patch i no fallow are heard animals and tend to stay close. food is another option has the land changed the crop cycle? could be a few things but fair play let me no if there is one going for a stalk. :D :D :D

I think that there are a few in your sort of area, they do travel,especially for food. A chap I know woke up to find 90 sat in his field,never known them in his area,some bunny hugger had cut a fence at a deer park to 'liberate' the beasts. The tale went that the police 'liberated' them with lead as it was deemed to dangerous to try and get em back in the farm/park.

Best bet is to pick out a nice pricket for the freezer before they move on. :good:

They do seem to like it here, got 15 outside the back door tonight with three roe in the paddock and a munt out front.

Ironic that they are 50 yards outside my garden and I have no permission to shoot in the main field.

Best go any see the land owner and ask very nicely......the worst they can say is no