Scope glass cleaning

shooting charley

If you are having trouble cleaning it, just check that it isn't one of the old style coated lenses with a damaged coating. I normally use a lens cleaning pen and/or a lens cloth, always clean in circular fashion out towards the edge (don't zig zag), I got a lens greasy once so cleaned it with soapy water, came up fine, but I wouldn't recommend it

If you are having trouble cleaning it, just check that it isn't one of the old style coated lenses with a damaged coating. I normally use a lens cleaning pen and/or a lens cloth, always clean in circular fashion out towards the edge (don't zig zag), I got a lens greasy once so cleaned it with soapy water, came up fine, but I wouldn't recommend it

Yes that's how it appears at the moment the lens looks greasy.

shootingcharley

I found that the best option if the lens has any greasy marks on it is to use the same liquid I use for cleaning my spectacle lenses.

The liquids are fairly cheap and designed not to damage the coatings.

Used with a lens cleaning cloth, or a cotton bud, wet the cloth/cotton bud then gently dab the marks, or roll the cotton bud over it, just in case there is something gritty in it.

For normal cleaning I use a lens pen in the same way as Gobfish.

HTH

I am having problems cleaning the glass on my scope and was wondering how most people do there’s.

Shootingcharley

I went to the opticians and got a small pump spray for cleaning glasses, the guy gave me a few soft cleaning cloths as well.

I use 2 one to take up most of the spray and the second to finish.

Just be gentle

TEH