Radio 2 now - Tinnitus

huffhuff

Had a listen, sad case of the guy who killed himself, how bad it must have been to do that. Never suffered till lost hearing in one ear before Christmas, now got a perm wind type noise with the odd strange sound. Gotta go for a brain scan next week just to rule out nasty cause, Consultant says 99% sure ok as can see or feel nothing, just a precaution, no jokes about not finding a brain, getting enough of them already !!

Had a listen, sad case of the guy who killed himself, how bad it must have been to do that. Never suffered till lost hearing in one ear before Christmas, now got a perm wind type noise with the odd strange sound. Gotta go for a brain scan next week just to rule out nasty cause, Consultant says 99% sure ok as can see or feel nothing, just a precaution, no jokes about not finding a brain, getting enough of them already !!

Consultant says 99% sure ok as can see or feel nothing

When you came down for the drink at Christmas I could not see anything in your ear, apart from the people on the other side of you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have it but never bothered with docs as its generally untreatable.

It's a constant high pitched whistle that never stops.

After a bout of shooting the other day it was worse than normal for a while even after wearing the foam ear plugs.

I bought some electronic ear defenders yesterday.

I don't intend to make it any worse.

It amazes me the amount of people I see on shoots (clay and game) without hearing protection.

I have something similar to tinnitus, it is more of a temporary high pitched whining. As soon as I give the missus some more money though, it tends to go away :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have it . Described it to the GP who I asked to check my ears before diving and he says it is permanent . You can only try not to think about it . I am aware of it first thing in morning , last thing at night and whenever it is quiet . What used to be a quiet day in the field is now a whistly day . I forgot to use ear defenders shooting in a soundproof tunnel once . A tough lesson . Think I am a bit deaf too .