wildfowling essentials.

lister1

the seat i have is one that i made out of light ply with a foam and leather cloth seat with a seat belt carry strap. it looks big and bulky but it sits nice on your back and doesnt roll around and you can store stuff inside. you can see it in the back of this pic :good:

post-29954-0-95597400-1334432038.jpg

I was thinking of getting a donkey to carry all my gear as there are some good ideas been suggested :good:

The 25 litre plastic drum sounds good but what the back pack with gear in ie flask, spare gloves, small towel,binoculars, pigs tail to tether the dog, added to the gun on my back, the wading stick the donkey may be a good investment, do they come in cammo ? :lol:

You can get tide tables from a nearby fishing shop or sailing\boating shot. You can then plan your visits to the months in advance. But you can get your local tides for 7 days in advance from the online BBC weather page.

:hmm: been down this route before do the BBC ones match the printed tide table, the ones I use Boston dock sill dont match the tinternet ones and were once a metre difference enough to get you cut off :hmm:

Harry I know what you mean. Two of my printed tide tables take their tide heights from different points of the marsh , one from the harbour bar and the other 1.5 miles away at the quayside.

Lister I would , with tide table in hand you pay a few summer visits to your marsh to see how high the tides come and compare with what your tide table says ( do not forget to see what effect the wind might have ). Before doing so always make sure you have a safe route back off the marsh.

Edited by anser2