Need help

JimD93

Evening guys

Just a quick question, new to the sport and just been given permission on a local farm. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of gear I need to buy for making my own hides. And could anyone help me on the hole decoying idea. Anything will be great

Cheers

Evening guys

Just a quick question, new to the sport and just been given permission on a local farm. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of gear I need to buy for making my own hides. And could anyone help me on the hole decoying idea. Anything will be great

Cheers

Get a decent stealth net and four poles. PW site sponsor or try Paul Hart . Don't be tempted by some of the cheap rubbish on evilbay.

A dozen pigeon shells (I use the cheapest) and a couple of bouncers is all I use. Then it's up to your fieldcraft to get the birds tempted to come in.

PM me if you want to know anymore and I'll let you have my phone number for a chat to talk about the basics of laying decoys out etc.

Get a decent stealth net and four poles. PW site sponsor or try Paul Hart . Don't be tempted by some of the cheap rubbish on evilbay.

A dozen pigeon shells (I use the cheapest) and a couple of bouncers is all I use. Then it's up to your fieldcraft to get the birds tempted to come in.

PM me if you want to know anymore and I'll let you have my phone number for a chat to talk about the basics of laying decoys out etc.

I agree he will sort you out with the basics of what you need....or invite someone out for the day..I learnt more than way :good:

Cheers lads, I will have a look at shooting warehouse tonight simmo. Couple more question how many decoys would you put out and how far away from them should the hide be

around a dozen and 15-25 yards depending on the area you are shooting watch were the pigeons are feeding and put your dec's there if its not too far out a bit of recon helps watch what the pigeons are doing if you go out and your set ups not working try something else have a look on the sporting gun web site on the instruction page it give's you plenty of ideas for setting up