sling studs

jpbud1

Yes, I did one on my Hatan synthetic stock very easily.

I drilled a hole, (be careful to get the right size, too small and it's won't go it or could cause problems and too large and it'll fall out and strip the plastic) then just screwed in the stud nice and tight. Job done.

If you can get inside to fix a nut on and use a proper machine threaded bolt that's probably better, but if it's into thick stuff that won't allow you to get a nut on then do as I say and use one designed for a wooden stock with a course thread, very strong as long as it has a few mm of stuff to screw into. Strong glue could be good to add peace of mind, though when I did mine it certainly wasn't needed and it's removable if I so wished.

Edited by bedwards1966

Graham, are they specifically for synthetic stocks/& or general issue, & would you know where to source, thank's

I have just bought a Howa 308 with a Hogue stock and it is fitted with one of those with the little round nut attachment.

The Hogue is a pretty flimsy thing at best but there is no chance of the swivel pulling though.

I did araldite it into place just to be on the safe side though, in case it did unscrew itself whilst in use, but once it was done you would need a hell of a lot of force to break it out.

“Uncle Mike” makes them. :good:

G.M.