is the ACME crow call suitable for carrion crows

PotHunter96

With practice, you can get the Acme to make a more throaty croak sound, just like a carrion crow. But, it is more of a higher pitched call so as you say, suits jackdaws better. I have a Sam Neyt call which I use when corvid shooting and shoot well over a thousand a year with it, combined with decoys. I have even got good enough with the Sam Neyt to call in magpies, always a bonus. If you were to do alot of corvid shooting, I would recommend a Sam Neyt over an Acme. People will say get a Primos which I have also, and they are good, but when the crows are coming in a frenzy and you are calling a lot, the reed gets stuck and fails to call :oops: I even went as far as buying two so I could change but soon went back to the Sam Neyt which, being wooden, doesnt hold the moisture like the plastic Primos as so doesnt fill with spit when blown. Truckboy1 on here shoots with me quite a bit and shot over 200 mixed corvids by himself in one day this time last year with a Sam Neyt call :good:

I had the primos crow call in post today, me and a mate went to try it for a few hours,hard to get the tone right but once you do it sounds

ok but not really raspy enough, although we did get 4 jackdoors and a carrion. looked for a sam neyt but cant find one anywere none on ebay.

I think they would be the best as they are made to call the european crow and they dont get soaked and start sounding like a dieing duck :lol:

Edited by W.McGill

Hi mate you can get the sam neyt ft2 crow call from wildland shop.com...ive tried most crow calls and the sam neyt is the best by far.its tuned for european carrions ,it dont jam, its hand made and once you master the gargle you will be calling crows in all day.also sams customer service is second to none.the calls are twice the price of most calls but in this case you certanly get what you pay for