Chicken eggs.

Muggins.

Its almost certainly calcium related. If they are being fed Layers pellets id very much doubt its a lack of grit.

What i do is feed mixed corn in the afternoons, and i use the Small-Holder range which incorperates oyseter shell and other things to improve eggs. Its perfectly normal, you can give them something, but unless youre getting those eggs for a extended period id not worry.

Sometimes they just lay eggs like this for no good reason and i wouldnt worry about it if the chooks are in good health and the eggs are still edible.If you're in any doubt whether they're getting enough calcium simply give them broken up egg shells mixed with their food as they're full of it.

Sometimes they just lay eggs like this for no good reason and i wouldnt worry about it if the chooks are in good health and the eggs are still edible.If you're in any doubt whether they're getting enough calcium simply give them broken up egg shells mixed with their food as they're full of it.

Wrong. Once a chicken gets the taste of egg shell they will eat their own eggs.

Wrong. Once a chicken gets the taste of egg shell they will eat their own eggs.

I've never experience this, bake them in the oven when you already have something in it. They become very brittle and nearly form a powder, mix it with cheap frozen sweetcorn and feed it to the hens as a treat, but a word of advice, watch your fingers. By doing this once or twice a week the shells become very thick.

It may be laid by a young hen who's reproductive system hasn't settled down, she will probably lay double yolkers as well.

EDIT - defrost the sweetcorn first, not sure if they like ice pops.

Edited by markm