Does size matter ??

spinach

I rough shoot and carry a 28 sxs 12 bore and have not thought of using anything else for my stroll in the country till yesterday.

I was looking at guns and the guy said have you seen the 26 '' AYA it quick to point . Now I can understand what he's saying but what difference does it make ??

Like I say I point and shoot with varying success.

Answers on a postcard diagrams and equations included if helpful.

Cheers John.

Personally,I think it's more to do with weight,rather than length.I find lighter guns,which while being easy to 'whip' through a target,will also stop sooner as they lose momentum quicker;whereas a heavier gun will take more to 'get going' if you like,but will 'keep going',and as we all know,'it don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing'.Just my opinion,but I always shoot better with my heavier guns,bolting bunnies in particular.

The problem with short barrels ( I used to have a 26 inch Miroku) is as you say they are fast into the target BUT they are also fast off it. In other words as Scully say the barrels easily come off the line of the target and you have to make a very conscious effort to keep them swinging. I am of average height and find 28 inch far easier to shoot, 30 inch are also nice, I have been tempted by a 30 inch 20 bore more than once.

A